Defective (Vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/15917451/chapters/37106331

By: veausy

Summary:
"He was defending you against me," Jimin murmurs, which makes Taehyung pause. "When you were incapacitated, did you notice? He stopped when you weren't vulnerable anymore."

Taehyung glances back at the wolf, which is staring out into the woods now like it's not paying attention, but its ears treacherously move with every sound Jimin makes. "Like ..." Taehyung turns to look at his friend, amusement and confusion warring on his face. "Like an alpha?"

Jimin blinks up at him gravely. "Right, like he was defending his alpha."

Review:
Chapters: 3
Words: 30,412

This book is basically world building, while telling a story. It's beautiful.

There are wolves in the world, the humans don't know about them. The wolves are mostly living in cities, and acting human. The only thing is, the wolves have to shift, and be wolves every once in a while, otherwise they lose their minds.

Taehyung is the first born to old line of pure wolves, but he's defective. He smells like a wolf, emanates the power of a very strong alpha to others, but he doesn't actually have a wolf. He can't smell, hear, or see any better than a human. He can't shift or sent. He always felt like he was missing a part of him.

Taehyung had found his own little pack of friends from college, and his childhood friend Jimin. Every year they go to a cabin in the woods for 3 months to let their wolves run free every day. This year, a new wolf showed up in their territory. It was shy and quiet, and it didn't have a sent. It happened to take a liking to Taehyung.

Taehyung is also the chief editor at the magazine/newspaper (?) company he works at. He and everyone else started to take a liking to the hard working new intern, Jungkook.