I'm only human (after all) (vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8200789/chapters/18786829

By: Lalaithwen

Summary:
"Don't be scared, hyung," Jeongguk said, eyes still fixed on the brown wolf standing in the clearing, not moving, only looking at them. "Don't be scared, she won't harm us."

Maybe it was in the way Jeongguk suddenly sounded so assured and solid, not shy and timid, maybe it was how he completely trusted his new friend. But Taehyung felt his body relax. There was still this funny feeling in the pit of his stomach, but the sudden sense of dread and the need to just take his legs and run was gone.

"Okay," he said, standing next to Jeongguk, his heart still beating a mile a minute. "Okay."

Review:
Chapters: 23
Words: 246,226
A/b/o

This story was kinda amazing.

So there are shifters, hunters and sentinels in this world. Most Sentinels are half breed's, they have a wolf, but they can't shift. Their job is to help shifters blend in with the human civilization. Hunters are supposed to make sure that shifters don't hurt anyone.

Taehyung had helped a puppy when he was little. Taehyung was later taken by his father to become a hunter. Taehyung's father hated shifters, and had brained washed the whole hunter clan in Seoul, to follow him blindly.

When Taehyung runs into Jungkook again years later, he realized that Jungkook was that puppy. He also refuses to help his father kill Jungkook.

There's not many surprise twists. It's still an amazing story, with happy endings all around (except for the dead people and the bad guys). It's worth the long read