drowning (cry me a river) (Vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17176310

By: astemille

Summary:
"When people have both their hands full, they will generally hold the thing they care about more in their dominant hand."
"That's interesting," Taehyung says truthfully. "Why, though?"
Jimin makes himself more comfortable on Taehyung's hideous couch, scratching behind Yeontan's ear and smiling when the dog whines, closing his eyes in content.
"Because they're too scared to lose or break what they're holding."

Jeongguk always holds Taehyung's hand in his right one.

Alternatively, the "my dog ran away and you're the one who found it, and now I owe you a favor even though I really hate you" AU.

Review:
Chapters: 1
Words: 24,582

Taehyung has hated Jeon Jungkook ever since he came out of nowhere and stole first place in a art/photo contest. Jungkook is a popular guy, and everyone knows that Taehyung hates Jungkook, but they also believe that it's just unresolved sexual tension between them.

One day Taehyung when Taehyung was rushing out of his apartment, his dog got out and he loses him. Jimin gathered some people to help look and Jungkook ends up finding Taehyung's dog.

Taehyung, tells Jungkook that he owes him big and if Jungkook needs anything, Taehyung would do it. So, Jungkook asks if Taehyung would fake date him, to rub it in his ex's face that he's over him.

Sorta spoiler-y?

Or Jungkook fell in love with the art major that was looking at his photos at the competition, and since had a crush on him for about a year now, even though he knows that Taehyung hates him for winning.

Trying to get over his crush, he dates someone else. It doesn't work and they break up, vengeful ex, leaks Jungkook's nudes on twitter.

After finding Taehyung's dog and having Taehyung in-debt to him, he asks if Taehyung would date him, he brilliantly covers it up, saying it's fake dating to rub it in his ex's face, getting back at him for the leaked nudes.

In the end, lucky for Jungkook, Taehyung falls for him.