Hand in Hand (Namgi family)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/19244740/chapters/45762913

By: TheMetaBard

Summary:
Namjoon, a sign language professor, and Yoongi, a songwriter, got certified to foster. But, they never expected that would open the door to love, heartache, pain, and most importantly, family. But, as they figure out this "dad-thing" hand-in-hand, they realize that family isn't made up of blood, it's the love that they have for each other.

~or~
Namjoon's a deaf college professor
Yoongi is his husband and a songwriter
Seokjin is their case manager
Hoseok, Jungkook, Tae and Jimin are kiddos with their own set of challenges and triumphs

Review:
Chapters: 60
Words: 227,217

Namjoon and Yoongi have been married for a few years and they start thinking about adopting, first deciding to try out being foster parents for now. Namjoon was a foster child and wants to help out deaf children like him. They end up not being good foster parents because they can't let go and end up adopting all the children they get.

*Spoiler ish*

Their first child they get is Hoseok, a deaf child who doesn't know any language to communicate with and was found in a drug bust. His parents made drugs and Hoseok was neglected, malnourished, and addicted to second hand meth.

Next was Taehyung, a hearing impaired kid that's been in the foster system his whole life. His last foster family was mistreating him, wouldn't allow him to sign and forced him (and the other foster kids) to do all the chores around the house.

Then the youngest, Jungkook. A nonverbal, autistic child whose grandmother died suddenly and his birth parents couldn't be found.

They stubbles upon Jimin while visiting Jin's office. Jimin has Shaken Baby Syndrome, cerebral palsy, and is mostly blind. Seokjin couldn't find a family that would or could take Jimin in long term and Yoongi wasn't going to leave him.

There's a lot of issues they have to work through, but they deeply love each other and wouldn't have it any other way. Along the way we find out a lot more about the kids and their personalities and backgrounds. We find the kids passion for things; Hoseok loves dance and learns quickly, Taehyung likes art and cares deeply for his brothers, Jungkook loves music and can learn to play a song just by watching Yoongi, and Jimin loves his family and has never laughed and smiled so much.