The Champion (Vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17489564/chapters/41192546

By: Julietlovee

Summary:
The one where Jeongguk is a boxer and doesn't talk about his feelings. Taehyung's just trying to make him smile.

Review:
Chapters: 8
Words: 149,562

This was an amazing and beautiful story. Jungkook is placed at number four as the best boxer in the world. Namjoon is his coach, Yoongi is his trainer, and Jin is his Cutman (guy who stops the bleeding during a fight). They all just moved to LA to get Jungkook ready to fight through the ranks and win the belt. (They also moved to LA to get Jungkook away from his abusive and controlling father.)

Taehyung is a friend of a friend and Jungkook's new neighbor. Taehyung is also a rising singer, performing at gigs around town while looking through all the record deals and contracts that are being piled on him. They fall in love, but then Jungkook's past starts to catch up with him and he doesn't know how to protect his future from himself.

Has a happy ending.

This story is really good because, you are trying to learn about what happened and what is going on with Jungkook. At first, Jungkook seems like a stone cold guy, but then you learn that he's shy and has anxiety. You know something bad happened that required him and his team to move to LA and that caused Jungkook to have panic attacks, but you don't get to learn about it until later. Jungkook has issues he has to deal with not only with his past, but also with his current problems. From winning the belt, Namjoon and Yoongi breaking his trust, his father and anxiety, to falling in love.

*spoilers*

Jungkook's father was a boxer, but in his championship fight, his dad killed his opponent in the ring and was disqualified from the competition. Jungkook's father lost everything after that, the fans, his career, and his wife. So, he forced Jungkook to start fight at 15, forced him to fight underground to help make money. Jungkook joined a gym and got a coach, Namjoon, to help him fight better and did professional fighting on the side. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jin found out about the underground fighting pretty quickly, and started to try and protect Jungkook from his father.

Jungkook father is homophobic and after nearly killing Jungkook's secret lover/fuck buddy, Namjoon and Yoongi took Jungkook to LA, away from his father. Jungkook's team never told him that they didn't plan on leaving LA after he wins the belt, and Namjoon never told Jungkook that he told his father to never talk to Jungkook again. This really hurts Jungkook's trust in them. Jungkook had planed to go back to his father after winning the belt, but then he meets Taehyung and falls in love.

After almost being beaten to death by his opponent, Jungkook wins the belt, but he did not feel happy or proud like he thought. His father had also came to take Jungkook back home, disappointed in how he won the belt. Jungkook and everyone else tries to keep his father out of his hospital room and out of his life, but he still finds a way in. After seeing his father hit Taehyung, Jungkook feels so guilty and panicked that he pushes Taehyung away. Taehyung soon gets tired of fighting for Jungkook and they break up. After a few months full of panic attacks, tears, and fears Jungkook agrees to therapy.

After a few more months, Jungkook gives up boxing, asks for a second chance with Taehyung, and finds his passion in dancing.

* End of Spoilers*

This was such a good story, I absolutely love it even though I cried through half of it. The author made a second part, just a oneshot about their happy ever after.

-