Breaking the Ice (Vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20816861/chapters/49481999

By: AngelMC

Summary:
Being the golden boy of hockey, Jungkook has spent almost all his life on ice. Practicing, scoring, improving to be the best. All those high hopes put on him. But for Jungkook it's only a hobby. His true, hidden, genuine passion is figure skating.

Enters Seoul hockey star Kim Taehyung, storming in Jungkook's life, his mind set on getting the golden boy on his team.

Review:
Chapters: 6
Words: 72,772

Jungkook's father is a professional hockey player. Jungkook tried following in his father's footsteps to make him proud. Afraid that his father would be disappointed if he told him that he hated hockey and scared that everyone would make fun of him about figure skating, he hid his passion for years.

Now a third year in college, Jungkook juggles hockey practice, classes, teaching skating to children, and hiding his early morning figure skating practice with Jimin (an Olympic gold medalist). Hockey teams are wanting to recruit him, including Taehyung.

Taehyung was determined to get Jungkook on his team at first, but then backed off and agreed to just be friends. Jungkook has to deal with a lot of anxiety and panic attacks about people finding out his passion, but slowly he learns to open up more and be himself around others with the help of Taehyung.