Singularity (vkook)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/17697029/chapters/41745020

By: unicornblanco

Summary:
Due to a rare condition, Taehyung's end of the red string of fate is tied around his neck, while his soulmate's, Jungkook, is tied around his finger, like it's supposed to be.

Theory says that if they "sleep" with someone that isn't their soulmate, the string tightens on the other end, letting your soulmate know exactly what you are doing.

When Jungkook feels his string tightening, he feels heartbroken, and starts sleeping around with everybody as revenge, not knowing Taehyung was a victim of sexual abuse.

When they finally meet, Taehyung is already suffocating.

or -

Love and fate's hopes for humanity were way too high and all they got was disappointment.

Review:
Chapters: 16
Words: 43,035
Soulmate au

In this soulmate au, you don't see your red string until you meet your soulmate, even then some times you don't see it until after you've know each other for a while.

I cried through this whole thing. Jungkook felt his string tightened at the age of 17. Now in collage, he sleeps around every night, sometimes twice a day. Until he met Taehyung, the kind and cute new kid.

Taehyung just transferred to a new college where he meets some new friends and Jungkook, a sweet boy who was always there for him.