QUIRKS | A BTS Fanfiction

https://archiveofourown.org/works/16977171/chapters/39902172

By: tommy_dime

Summary:
방탄 고등학교 (Bangtan High) is one of the most prestigious schools in all of Asia, combining both quirk and quirk-less students in a friendly manner.
Jungkook, who has always been an outcast in school, managed to secure a place at Bangtan High. He just wanted to stay invisible--like he was good at--but unfortunately that's not the case.

He's pushed into a group of selfish, self absorbed and egocentric teenagers, trying to stay the outcast, he's now forced into popularity. It's the annual contest for all quirk students this year, and Jungkook somehow joins BTS. Supposedly, the most popular group in school. So what now? How is he going to go through, training, bullying, and the regular teenage love life whilst staying true to his roots?

Join his journey and find out.

Review:
Chapters: 46
Words: 127,001

This was really fricking COOL.

The world that this author created is kinda cool, but a little confusing.

People can have QUIRKS, like from the anime "My Hero Academia." Jungkook's school (and most of the plot line) is from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." And this story is placed in the "Marvel Cinematic Universe," with small appearances of the Avengers. This was a hell of a ride.

Jungkook is painfully shy and lonely. On the ride to his new school, he becomes friends with Jimin. Jimin is a transfer student whose childhood friends with Taehyung. Taehyung and Hoseok are the pranksters of the school.

Every 5 years the school has a big competition with other schools (like the Triwizard Tournament from Harry Potter). BTS is the name of the team to compete from Jungkook's school.

Namjoon is nominated as the captain for BTS, and his best friend Yoongi is dragged into it as well. Jin, a senior, was in the competition his first year and wanted to be the captain this year. After holding tryouts, Namjoon has his members picked for the team.

Throughout the story, the members struggle with and learn more about themselves, their Quirks, and each other. They fight a lot and don't get along well at first, but they become close friends.

There's 3 tasks they have to get through to become champions and bring glory to their school and to themselves.

The story was a little choppy. I wish the author would have expanded the interactions between characters and side characters more. Also go more in-depth about the world that it was set in. I'm only nitpicking these things because I really enjoyed the story and I think a little more would have brought it to another level.