Promise

Amber -

"What you wanna do tonight lady bug?" Jayceon asked me through the phone. I was in my room doing my make up when he called me. Every morning we always called each other and prayed that we had a good day and that the other stayed safe.

"I don't know baby I'm sure I'll think about it on break," I sighed. I had so many thoughts roaming through my mind. Mama was downstairs getting ready to go to her church meeting. Should I tell her now? How should I tell her? Will she be upset with me? I was so deep in thought that I didn't even realize that Jayceon was calling my name.

"Whatchu over there thinking about bae?" He asked while lighting his blunt.

"Just thinking babe momma's downstairs I wanna go tell her," I whined running my fingers through my hair.

"You want me to come over we can do it together,"

"No I gotta do this on my own baby, ugh. I'll call you back once I'm on my way to work," I said closing my foundation.

"Iight babe," He say hanging up. I finished getting dressed, I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs.

"Good morning beautiful," mama said with a wide smile.

"Morning mama," I said grabbing a cup from the cabinet and the orange juice out the refrigerator.

"Hey baby have you seen my blue earrings the ones your father bought me?" She asked looking around on the table.

"Didn't you take them off in the living room last night?" I asked.

"Oh that's right thank you baby I never take them off but they were dirty so I wanted to clean them those earrings were the last thing he bought me," she said going into the living room.

I looked up on the wall at the picture of my daddy smiling. Whenever I was having a hard time telling mama something daddy would always say "she'll be mad for only a short time, tell her, she will still love you Princess,"

"Mama can we talk for a minute?" I asked nervously.

"Yes sweetheart what is it?" She asked.

"Mama I'm planning on moving out this weekend," I said just spitting it out. She put the earrings down on the table and turned to look around at me with the evilest look in her eyes.

"And just where do you think you're going?" She asked.

"Me and Jayceon-"

"I don't even wanna hear that name in this house! He is the problem ! But you know what Chile if that's what you wanna do don't wait until this weekend get out now!" She yelled storming off into the kitchen.

"Mama really?"

"Really what you want to go don't go later go now!" She yelled slamming a pot on the stove.

"Momma I'm 23 years old why are you so upset? This is my life not yours!" I yelled angrily.

"Honey I am not upset you do what you wanna do that boy is doing nothing but making a fool of you, he doesn't care about you sweetheart once you are no longer of use to him he's going to dump you like trash!" She yelled.

Tears began to fall from eyes and my lip quivered "Daddy would never say that!" I yelled as I walked away.

"Amber! Amber! Amber Patrice!" She yelled but kept walking like I didn't hear her. I went in my room snatching down my suitcases I started grabbing everything that would fit. Once I was done I grabbed my phone calling Jayceon.

"Wassup baby?" He said on the first ring.

"Baby can you please come get me please," I said with tears falling down his eyes.

"I'm on my way baby I'm coming," he said hanging up. As I was about to walk out the door my momma stood before me.

"Amber if you walk out that door don't you ever come back!" She yelled. Glaring at her I rolled my eyes walking right past her.

---------

Jayceon -

I was in bed trying to get some rest for work when Amber had called me up. She and her mama had gotten into an argument I asked her if there was anything else that she had needed she said no she would get them later. Not really wanting to press the issue I left it alone. Once we got back to my place we took a shower together I cooked some food and got in bed. Not really feeling like going to work Amber called off and so did I.

" You got me over here calling off work and stuff girl," I said as I kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry baby I just didn't wanna be here by myself," she pouted as she rubbed my chest. I pecked her lips and let my hands travel to her waist.

"It's cool baby I don't mind it I ain't really wanna go tonight anyways , so I ain't mind spending time with you," I said as I reached in the drawer pulling out a pack of backwoods.

"Show me how to roll," she said as I grabbed my bag of weed from out the box off the floor.

"Iight it's real simple, just break it down, lick it a Lil bit, then you break down your weed and put it in the blunt," I said showing her she was looking like she was real interested.

"Then you just roll it, fold it under with your tongue," I said as I finished rolling the blunt. I lit it and inhaled. I passed it to Amber, she looked at it at first then she took it inhaling it. She inhaled two puffs and handed it back.

"You can't handle it?" I chuckled.

"Baby I hate smoking period, but whoo this really takes the cake here," she said handing me back the blunt.

"You a party pooper," I said inhaling it.

"Baby you need to stop putting that junk in your body, period," she said grabbing the remote.

"Yes mama," I chuckled.

She took her index finger pushing my head back, I laughed waving her off. I rolled over and laid in between her legs.

"You just wanna be all on me huh?" She laughed pulling her leg over my shoulder and running her fingers through my hair. She didn't know how good this shit feel just being next to her .

"I love being next to you babe, this all I been wanting it was getting annoying being in this bitch by myself I just wanna come home to the girl I love every night I swear I won't get tired,"

"You promise?" She asked me.

"I promise baby,"