The truth

Jayceon -

"You hungry lil man?" I asked Harlem as I stopped for the stop light.

"Yeah," he smiled while looking out the window. He had a bag of fruit snacks in his hand as he looked out the window excitedly. I'd never seen a kid so happy before.

While driving we had passed a puppy it warmed my heart a little to hear him say "Look daddy a puppy, he wittle like me," he said excited.

Amber was in the house making lunch for me and Lil man she couldn't wait to meet him. I pulled into our driveway and helped Harlem out of the car. Before picking him up I went to Walmart and bought a shit load of stuff, I knew Erica would be pissed about it but I didn't care.

Amber suggested I keep the stuff I bought for him over here so he won't get board, but I don't plan on us staying here long.

I found a nice house downtown, it's closer to the club where I handle business, and it's closer to Erica that way I can see lil man whenever I want to, and it closer to the school that Amber had an interview at. She keeps doubting that she will get the position but I believe in baby girl.

I opened the door and I kicked off my shoes. "Baby we here!" I yelled as I helped Harlem take off his shoes. I went into the living room turning on my Amazon Prime so that we can watch Spongebob.

"Hi handsome, what's your name?" Amber asked him.

"Harlem, she pwetty daddy," he smiled. I chuckled and so did Amber.

"Thank you handsome, what do you wanna do? We can watch tv, or go outside and play? It's up to babe," Amber said to him. All I could do was smile Amber was real good with kids. I couldn't wait until we had some of our own.

"Me wanna watch sponbob with daddy," he smiled.

"Okay baby, babe I'm just about done cooking so I'll let you boys watch tv okay," Amber said kissing my cheek while placing Harlem in my lap.

"Iight bae," I grabbed the remote and turned on an episode of Sponge-bob. Amber came a few minutes later with the food. We all sat on the couch watching tv. Amber laid in my arms, as Harlem laid in hers. We all eventually drifted off to sleep.

*********

When I woke up I heard a noise in the kitchen. Amber and Harlem was both still sleep, I kissed their foreheads and went to see what was going on. When I made it to the kitchen I immediately closed my eyes. "Mannnn,"

"My bad Jayceon I'm sorry," Ariel said nervously.

"Yo Bro my bad ," the dude said. I recognized that he was the dude from the club. I didn't even bother questioning it. The simple fact that these niggas was in here getting freaky on top of the stove was bugging me out.

"Babe what's wrong?" Amber said as she came behind me.

"Ariel," Amber said once she saw what was going on. I took Harlem out her arms and went upstairs. I gave him a bath and put him in me and Amber's bed. While I was in the shower, Amber came in with me.

"You talk to her?" I asked as she began washing my back.

"Yeah I did, she was embarrassed about it so I didn't really press the issue it just seems like it was his idea more than hers, I hopes she's standing her ground," she replied.

"So he hits on you then go to talk to Ariel?" I asked as I started washing her down.

"Yeah I hooked them up," I smirked.

"Man it just sound kinda strange I would keep an eye out for that nigga," I said as we finished washing each other down. We got out and dried off. I was about to get dressed for bed when I received a text from one of the older dudes at the club his name was Lenny and me and him often played poker together.

Sometimes I'd win and sometimes I'd loose the Man was a genius at his game. I wasn't feeling it tonight I just wanted to cuddle up in bed with Amb and lil man. This family shit was getting to me I was ready to start my own family. I believe without a doubt I was ready for it.

I threw on a pair of boxers and a T-shirt and put my phone on charge, Amber climbed in bed wearing one of my T-shirt's. She grabbed her scarf and I watched her as she wrapped her hair up. We let lil man stay in the middle, as I turned the light off and she turned the tv off. Before drifting off to sleep we kissed and said our prayers.