Run Ins

Jayceon -

The next day at the club, I decided to grab me a drink. It was lit in here like always. It seemed like everybody in town was out tonight. I wasn't in the mood to party really, my mind was on Amber. I sat by the bar looking at old pictures of us. When times were better. I decided on calling her cause I wanted to hear her voice. I stepped outside the club and called her as I lit my blunt.

She picked up on the first ring. "Hey baby is everything okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah everything's cool, I just needed to hear your voice, I miss you," I said honestly. There was silence for a minute and I wasn't sure if she heard me or not I was about to repeat myself when she responded.

"I miss you too baby, Harlem is on your side of the bed he missed you too he was trying to stay up real late but he fell asleep after Toy Story,"

"That's my boy, well I should be home soon, so I'll get him when I get in," I replied.

"Okay... hurry up baby," she said back. I smiled putting my phone back in my pocket and going into the club. As I went in, a young woman with all her breasts out and long blonde hair, stumbled into me. When she bumped into me she spilled some of her drink on me. I didn't let it get to me cause I was tired and ready to go home, any other time I'd probably be pretty pissed.

"Oh my god I'm so so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Diamond! Girl come on bring your drunk ass!" Another girl yelled.

"I'm so sorry, here," she pulled out a small piece of paper and a pen writing her number down and sticking it in my pocket.

"Call me," she winked. Shaking my head as she giggled away to her friend. I went upstairs grabbing my jacket and car keys racing to get home once the club was locked up.

******

Amber -

It was 4:40am when I saw Jayceon pick Harlem up carrying him out our room and into his bedroom. Jayce came back in the room crawling in bed behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. As much as I wanted to deny it, I couldn't I missed him like crazy.

I missed how we used to cuddle. I figured maybe I was overreacting, and I was beyond stupid for not trusting him. He's never done me wrong. He's never been disrespectful towards me when it came to other women. He was honest about Harlem's mom, why was I acting so cold towards him? Why was I being so stupid? I needed to get myself together and get over myself before I lost my man because of my childish behavior.

"Baby I'm so sorry for how I've been treating you, acting so childish. It wasn't that deep babe, and I overreacted," I said honestly as I rubbed his hand.

"It's cool babe, I get it," He said lowly.

"Baby it's not cool," I turned around and played with his beard. He had his eyes closed but when after I pecked his lips he opened them.

"Bae I was wrong for not telling you, but it was so long ago I didn't think it was that important, but I promise I won't keep anymore secrets from you, Imma keep you in the loop with everything I'm doing,"

"Bae I don't want you to be miserable,"

"I'm not miserable, if that's what I gotta do to show you I'm being faithful then that's what I'll do, besides you pregnant and I shouldn't be putting all this stress on you, it's not good for the baby," he said as he rubbed my stomach.

"I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, around noon if you wanna come,"

"Of course I'm going to come, I didn't really have a chance to do all this for Harlem but I wanna be apart of our child's life, everything, first walk, first talk, I want to witness everything," he buried his head in my neck and I knew he was about to fall asleep.

"I love you baby,"

"I love you too baby,"

*******

The next day was family day, me and Jayce took Harlem to the mall, he got some new action figure that he'd been bugging us to get for him. He was so excited he didn't even let the lady put it in a bag for him he wanted to hold it. Jayceon laughed while I shook my head. They were giving free hair cuts to the little boys a project this church was doing for the community, So Jayce let Harlem get his hair cut.

We had Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then we went to the Lakers game. I couldn't believe it we were sitting court side like we were celebrities. Jayce had surprised Harlem with the tickets. I couldn't see why they loved the Lakers so much but they did. I think Harlem loved it because his daddy loved it, he loved whatever Jayce did. I thought it was so cute.

"Look daddy!" Harlem pointed happily at the mascot as he climbed in Jayce's lap.

"I see man," They cheered on there favorite players throughout the game it was so cute when they cut on the music, Harlem and Jayce got up dancing I took videos and pictures of them. After the game we went home. After giving Harlem his bath, I read a book to him and tucked him in.

After showering and putting on one of Jayceon's T-shirt's I went to go find him. He wasn't far I smelt that loud weed smell coming from the basement. I just went in the living room whenever he was smoking i didn't bother disturbing him.

Once he was done he went upstairs and showered, he came back downstairs and we cuddled on the couch. It was 2:30 am and we had been up practically all night watching movies. He was sleep already and I was falling asleep.

"Baby come on let's get in the bed," I said as I shook him. We got up and went to bed.

******

Jayceon -

The next morning, after taking a jog around the block, I took care of the yard. Mowing the lawn, putting away Harlem's outside toys. I planted a few flowers, and cleaned our pool. Once I was done I went inside, Amber and Harlem were in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Hey babe," Amber smiles.

"Daddy! Look mommy making me Micky Mouse pancakes!"

"I see man," I smiled as I kissed Ambers lips, I rubbed her stomach before grabbing a water out the fridge.

"You got the yard done?" She asked.

"Yeah, and somebody needs to put their toys away when they finish playing with them," I said to Harlem he laughed putting his head down.

"Sorry daddy," he replied back. Shaking my head I tried to steal a piece of the bacon but it was hot as shit damn near burned my tongue.

"That's what you get," Amber laughed. I hit her butt hard before leaving out the kitchen.

"Bae can you gather up all the dirty clothes so I can wash,"

"Alright,"

I went in Harlem's room, grabbed his clothes, along with me and Amber's. I took them down in the basement. After doing that I went in the living room and watched football until breakfast was ready.

********

Amber -

"Love you babe," Jayceon said before leaving out the door.

"I love you too baby, I'll see you when I get off,"

"Okay have a good day," I closed the door behind him and proceeded into the kitchen. After cleaning up all the dirty dishes, I went into the laundry room and began washing our clothes, I grabbed one of Jayceon's jackets and checked it before throwing it in the washing machine of course he had money inside of it, that's why I loved washing his clothes. He would never know either.

I put the money inside my bra, and checked his other pocket. I found a small piece of paper. I don't know why but I opened it. It was a phone number that said call me sometimes sexy, love D. I sighed bawling it up and throwing it in the trash. My phone went off with a text from Jayce.

Husband ❤️ : Hey lets do dinner tomorrow night, your choice, I also got some things I wanna discuss.

I texted him back and finished the laundry, I said I wasn't going to bring it up but I don't know why my mind kept going back to it, it was always something with us, I promised that I was going to trust him, I was trying to trust him, so I wasn't going to question this at all if it something was going on, I would surely soon find out.