Say Your Prayers

Jayceon -

Mama had convinced me to leave that motel and to come stay with her. Here I was back in my old bedroom. I felt like a teenager again. My Tupac and Michael Jackson poster was still hanging on the wall. Everything was pretty much the same except for the bed lining. Mama had put clean lining on it and I bought a few extra pillows.

After rolling two joints, I went to check on mama. She was on the couch sleeping with her bible in her hand. I turned the tv off, and placed the Bible on the table. I grabbed the blanket from behind the couch and placed it over her then I kissed her forehead.

I stepped outside and lit my blunt. While Sitting down on the pouch, I pulled out my phone and tapped the Spotify App. I turned on one of my playlist and started thinking. I was so deep into my thoughts that I had finished one blunt and was on the next one. Amber had sent me a text, instead of replying I called her.

"What you doing up girl?" I asked with a huge smile on my face. I don't know why but whenever I talked to Amber it brightened my day. Whatever I was feeling went away. I felt like shit, she was a good woman and I had broken her heart.

I disrespected our relationship and fucked up her the trust that we once had. I knew if we planned on moving forward it would be hard for her to trust me, but I was willing to do right by her and Harlem. I was going to get my shit together and be the man that she needed me to be. No woman wanted a man who couldn't remain faithful.

Hearing the pain in my mama voice when she talked about how my daddy did her was like looking in the mirror. She was damn near reading me like a book. When we first met, I tested Amber. One night I was at the club, she had told me she was just going somewhere with her homegirl and she'd be back home soon.

I was blowing up here phone calling her like crazy. She didn't even know that I was standing on the other side of the club watching her. So I stepped out and called her home girl phone. Her home girl answered and she was about to lie to me, but they was so drunk her girl had the phone on speaker and they didn't know I was still on the line.

I heard her ask her friend what I was calling for. When her friend told her she said call him back and tell him the truth I don't ever wanna lie to Jayce, I'm going to always be honest, you the one dragged me out here in the first place.

I smiled and hung up cause she kept her word she never lied to me. Amber had always been honest. About everything, and I couldn't even be faithful. I was ashamed of myself. I was gone man up and get on my job cause I'd be damned if another nigga think he gone come in and take what was mine.

"I was just thinking about you, I wanted to make sure you were alright, plus I couldn't sleep, Harlem's legs are in my damn back," She said in a sexy sleepy voice.

I chuckled. "I was just thinking about you too baby," I said honestly.

"So I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and then I'm going to the school to get some things from my office, I'm wrecking my brain in this house doing anything because I'm so bored," she laughed.

"I'll be there for the doctors appointment but then I gotta make a run, but after my errand I'm free, you wanna go out to eat?" I asked.

"Sure I don't mind," she replied.

"Alright then we'll I'll see you in the morning baby doll," I said back.

"Okay daddy I'll see you in the morning," she said causing me to grin wide. We told each we loved one another and then we hung up. I finished my blunt and then went inside. After showering, I put my phone on charge and fell asleep with the boondocks playing on the TV.