The Case of the Ex

Amber -

After spending the day pampering myself, I went to the store and got some cleaning items so that I could clean up the house. Jayce had taken Harlem to SkyZone so that they could have their father son time. I was walking down the hallway with the mop bucket when I almost tripped over one of Harlem's toys. After catching myself, I stood up to see that there was a straight line of toys coming out of Harlem's bedroom. I went to his room only to open the gates of hell. "Really Harlem," I said annoyed. I don't know how many times I've told him to clean up after himself but he never listened. I was growing tired of this. I didn't want to say anything to Jayce because I knew it would start an argument, but then I felt like, I was the one taking care of him so whenever I demanded respect it should have been given to me.

That's what I've been telling Jayceon that lately he didn't show me any respect in this marriage. He never considers my feelings, and he always make decisions without asking me, it's like I don't have a voice. We were doing so good, I just don't understand. My bestfriend keeps telling me that this is the marriage life. It isn't always peaches and cream. There's good days and bad days, but you have to learn how to deal with each other.

After cleaning up the house, I turned on my 80's Pandora station and lit the candles I got from bath and body works. I threw something together for dinner and poured myself some of the virgin cocktail I made. One of the down sides of this pregnancy was that I couldn't drink. Once I got comfortable on the couch, I tapped on the Netflix app and found a movie.

I almost done watching the movie when I heard Jayceon pull into the driveway. A few minutes later he opened the door, with Harlem in his arms sleep. I looked over at the clock which read 10:15pm.

"Somebody's tired," I giggled.

"He should be all that jumping around he was doing," he replied as he threw his keys on the coffee table. Along with kicking his shoes off.

"Did you jump with him?" I asked.

"Yeah until I got tired,"

"How soon was that?" I asked as we laughed.

"Forget you, you cooked?"

"Yeah it's food on the stove,"

"Okay I'll get some after I put him to sleep," he said back.

"Okay,"

I guess I was tired because after he came back downstairs to eat, I had drifted off to sleep.

******

Jayceon -

After rolling the fattest blunt, I grabbed my lighter and sat back. I was on the patio looking out into the sky, taking in the beautiful 80 degree weather. I had my airpods in playing some old school Jay Z.

I closed my eyes, inhaled and exhaled and I instantly got more calmer. I took my feet down from off the chair I had it propped up on, slipped my feet in my house shoes, and got up.

This blunt was much needed. Amb had went out with her sisters, while my momma was baby sitting Harlem, she was bringing him back later on tonight.While I had the house to myself, I decided to clean up, including yard work. I washed all the clothes, shit I even cooked dinner.

After taking a few more puffs of the blunt, I threw it out and went back in the house. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cabinet, opening the fridge I grabbed the pitcher of water, and poured myself a glass. As soon as I took out my airpods, I heard the doorbell ring, I put the pitcher back in the fridge, grabbed my glass and took a sip while heading to the door.