Results

Jayceon -

"You gotta tell Amb man," Kendrick said to me I began rolling another blunt.

"Man I can't tell her that she gone leave me for sure, I don't want shit to do with Erica or that damn baby, I mean it's been four years how I'm supposed to know that that baby is really mine," I said inhaling my blunt.

Just then Amber and my mama walked in. I immediately stood up. I caught eyes with my mama and she shook her head no. Amber wouldn't even look at me. A wave of disappointment came across me.

"Baby you want something to eat?" I asked Amber as I followed her into the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry Jayceon," she as she snatched a bottle of water off the shelf. I tried to touch her but she moved away. She stood there crying for a moment. Taking the water out her hands, I grabbed her in my arms.

"Aye it's not the end of the world baby," I said as she started wiping her tears.

"It is I wanted to give you a baby Jace, and I can't even do that, the doctor told me because of the surgery I had when I was younger I can get pregnant but I might have a miscarriage, and I-"

I pecked her lips a few times before letting my hands travel down her back. "I don't care what that doctor said baby we gone have a baby, just give it some more time. Shit the way we be fucking like rabbits it's bound to happen soon," I said as we both chuckled.

"I love you Amber Patrice Riley," I said looking into her eyes.

"I love you too Jayceon Terrell Taylor," she said as she ran her fingers through my hair. I pressed my forehead against hers thinking about the shit that Erica had just said to me. I needed to come clean and tell Amber the truth but visions of her walking out the door pierced my soul. I couldn't tell her, I needed to see if he was mines first.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked me.

"Nothing babe," I replied.

"I know when you're lying Jayceon, I'm not going to trip though because sooner or later you're gonna come clean and tell me what's wrong," she said as she looked in my eyes.

"I wanna tell you baby I to but to be honest I'm scared," I said pulling away and standing over by the sink.

"Scared of what babe you know you can tell me anything," she said as she walked closer to me.

"I just uh..."

"Really babe," she said about to walk away but I grabbed her. Sighing I looked in her eyes.

"Before We started dating I was messing around with a girl named Erica. It wasn't in no relationship type shit it was just mostly fuckin. That's how everything was before I met you, to be honest, you the only woman I ever settled down with, when I started dating you I was trying to prove to you that I can be faithful so I cut all them bitches off, I ain't seen Erica in four years but she called me today telling me that I have a four year old son," I said shaking my head.

I looked at Amber trying to read her but she stood before me unfazed. "I mean I just don't know what I should do," I said feeling defeated.

"Babe you're going to take a DNA test, and if you are the father, we are going to raise him and love him and give him the guidance that he needs, baby I know a man who once told me his father wasn't in his life and it hurt him to the core, and he still longs for his father, don't let that little boy go through the same thing," she said wrapping her arms around my neck.

I gripped her waist and pecked her lips . "You sure you down for this?" I asked.

"When are you going to stop questioning my loyalty, I love you I'm not going anywhere Jayceon, so call her up now," she said handing me my phone. I grabbed it and dialed Erica's number, she answered on the third ring.

"What Jayceon I don't have time-"

"Schedule the DNA test, if he's my son imma do what I'm supposed to do as a man, if he's not don't ever call me again," I said before hanging up. Within a few minutes, Erica had text me with my appointment date and time. In the back of my mind I was hoping this kid wasn't mines.

*******

A week Later -

Jayceon -

I stood against the wall nervously as Erica sat down tapping her foot, I had came to the hospital early this morning ready to get this shit over with. I was praying like hell I wasn't the father, I was mad at myself for not wrapping it up when I was messing with Erica. I didn't wanna go through this bullshit.

Just then the nurse came back out with an envelope. "Jayceon Taylor, Erica Lewis," she called.

"Right here," me and Erica said in unison as we walked up to the nurse.

"So congratulations you're the father," she said showing me the results as she smiled brightly. Looking down at the paper I wanted to yell that it was a mistake, but it said that I was 99 percent the father.

Sighing I handed her the paper and started walking away. "If it makes you feel better At first I didn't want you to be his father Jayceon but you are and he needs you, I can't teach him certain things that you can, I'm not asking you for any money because I don't want your money I just want you to be in his life," Erica said as she grabbed my arm.

"When can I see him," I sighed.

"You can see him right now if you want," she said looking at me. I nodded my head. We left the hospital and drove to her mothers house. When we got there her mother gave me the evilest look ever. She didn't say a word though, she just shook her head and headed upstairs.

I stood in the living room, waiting. A few minutes later Erica came out with a little boy following behind her. He was very shy. "Harlem stop acting like that you are not shy," she said as she grabbed him at put him in front of her.

"Harlem, this is your daddy," she smiled at him. He looked at her and looked at me.

"Hey lil man," I smiled as He walked towards me. Grabbing him in my arms he looked up at me with those innocent eyes of his. He instantly grabbed my chain and started playing with it.

"I'm gonna turn the cartoons on and go upstairs," she said grabbing the remote.

"Sponbob Mommy!" He pointed to the tv and his shirt.

"Yes baby you are so smart, he's on the tv and your shirt," she said kissing his cheek. He giggled and looked back up at me. I smiled at him.

For the next couple hours I felt like a kid again. We played with LEGO's. We played with his power rangers, and we even went in the back yard and played football. I didn't want this moment to end. It was 9:30 at night and I was getting kinda tired as I but my boots on Harlem ran and grabbed my leg.

"Bye daddy," he said as he held onto me tight. I grabbed him and kissed his forehead.

"See you lil man," I said as I put him back down Erica came out from the kitchen.

"Imma call you in the morning I wanna pick him up tomorrow take him out for a few hours," I said and she nodded her head.

When I made it home Amber was in bed on her laptop. "So?" She asked as I climbed in bed kissing her neck and shoulder.

"He's mine, we spent the day together I asked her if I can spend some more time with him tomorrow babe," I said as she ran her fingers through my beard.

"Awww my baby is a daddy," she giggled as I glared at her. She grabbed my chin and pecked my lips a few times I grabbed her face kissing her some more. I swear I could never get tired of kissing Amber.

"What you doing?" I said pointing to the computer.

"Looking up bigger apartments,"

"Naw Baby we need a house,"

"Jace a house can we really afford that right now I mean-"

"A- don't question me just look up a four bedroom house and two baths, I'm gone take care of everything," I said sternly.

She nodded as I cuddled up next to her. "Imma look at these houses but don't be yelling at me Jayceon," I chuckled before drifting off to sleep.