The secrets must come out

Jayceon -

"Have fun Daddy don't forget you gotta tell mommy how pretty she looks," Harlem giggles into the phone.

"I won't forget man be good and listen to uncle Kendrick," I said into the phone.

"Okay daddy bye,"

"Bye," I hung up and called Amber letting her know I was outside the house waiting for her. The moment the door opened and she stepped out I grabbed the flowers that I had for her and stepped out the car.

"Don't you look handsome," she smiled brightly.

"I mean I don't look half as good as you do baby, these are for you," I said handing her the flowers

"Thank you," she smiled. I opened her door for her and we got in the car. The drive to the restaurant was pretty quiet. She looked like she had something on her mind but just wasn't saying anything.

"Is everything alright baby?" I asked her as I drove off the expressway.

"Yeah everything's fine," she said but I knew her ass something was up. I said I wasn't going to push it so I left it alone. When we made it to the restaurant we ordered our food and we talked a little bit. My phone kept going off with texts from Passion.

She was texting me all the types of ideas she had for the club and wanted to know if we could meet tonight. Her offer for a bottle of champagne seemed tempting, but I turned it down. I told her I was enjoying dinner with my wife and we would discuss business in the morning, after sending her that text, I turned my phone on vibrate.

"Is everything okay babe?" She asked me as she looked at me strangely.

"Yeah remember the business partner I was telling you about, she's a little too demanding keep trying to pitch ideas and she keeps inviting me over for champagne but I told her no I'm with my wife," I said as I ate a fork full of the pasta.

"So if you weren't with your wife would you have considered it?" Amber blurted. I looked in her eyes not knowing what in the hell to say.

"Come on Amber that's not what I meant,"

"I'm not going to keep beating around the bush, Jayce I found this number in your jacket while I was washing the other day," she said holding up the small piece of paper.

"Bae,"

"Jayce don't even try to lie to me, your phone has been blowing off the hook all night you come in in the wee hours of the morning, I don't think you have any respect for this marriage, I'm ready to go now!" She yelled as she slammed her hands down on the table people across from us started looking at us crazy.

"Amber calm down and just let me fucking explain," I said in a low voice. I was getting tired of this constant bullshit. I was being faithful and she was steady questioning my loyalty. I didn't tell her about one fuck up I made and now she don't trust a nigga. I only wanted her and I don't see how she didn't understand that. Out of all the broads out there that I coulda been banging, I was being faithful. I almost slipped up one time when she was away at school but I made sure I took care of that situation. Other than that i was focused on Amber and Amber only.

"I'm tired of hearing the excuses Jayce take me home!" She yelled as she snatched her purse and got up from the table storming off. I tried to remain calm, maybe it was her hormones that was causing her to lash out, I was trying to figure out what to do because it was always a never ending battle with her. After paying the bill I made it outside to the car. We got in and the ride home was horrible all we fucking did was argue and yell and scream. She didn't let me get not one word in.

We were now standing in our bedroom, arguing. This wasn't how this night was supposed to end. We were supposed to be fucking by now not arguing. "Jayce I'm done," she said grabbing a suite case.

"Do what you gotta do," I said getting comfortable in bed.

"See you don't even give a fuck! Cheating on me with these bitches! I'm done Jayceon Terrell Taylor I'm done I get it your hurt but we aren't going to hurt the same, you aren't going to keep doing this to me,"

"Amber shut the fuck up! And listen to me, I'm not cheating on you, I don't know what the hell I gotta do to show you that I'm not but I will babe, look I was at the club, I was closing up, right before I sent you that text the other night, some drunk girl bumped into me, she spilled shit on my suit, and her friends came to get her. She was so drunk she could barely stand up, but she was flirting hard, she stuffed her number in my jacket before walking away, I was such in a rush to close up and to come home I ain't even think about throwing it away, I swear to you babe, I'm out here handling business, I would not disrespect our marriage like that, I mean whatever you want me to do to show you that I'm being faithful I'll do it," I said before sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Do we need counseling Jayce?" she asked as she came and sat down by me.

"Do you think we need counseling?" I asked her.

"Yes, I've been having trouble trusting you, I love you so much Jayce but I don't want our marriage to be over or to end, I want us to work this out,"

"Fine then we'll go to counseling, until then we need to be apart, I mean why be together if you can't even trust me," That was all I said before I grabbed some clothes and left.

*******

The next morning we got up early and went to a marriage counseling session. The counseling Dr. Nadine Woods was a friend of my mother's. I spent the night at my moms house last night, while I was there I told her everything, and she asked me, did I have any secrets.

Anything that I was withholding from Amber, and I said no, but later on when I hit the blunt I thought about it. There were a few more things that I was keeping from her but it was old shit. Shit that I didn't think was important. I knew keeping secrets was wrong, and that our marriage wouldn't last if we kept hiding shit from each other, but damn why now.

Why all of a sudden did I start have to confess shit? We was doing good, I made one mistake and now it seemed like the divorce papers would be rolling in soon. I had to come clean and be honest but knowing Amber she was going to blow it up like she was blowing this shit up now. I had to get my shit together soon and tell her the truth before I lost her but how?