Getting used to it

Jayceon -

"Man Amber I thought you was cool with it," I asked shaking my head as I stormed into the laundry room. Amber was on my heels bugging me about Erica. I asked her ass if she was cool her being here, if she wasn't she shouldn't have said yes. I just don't get why she so worried about Erica.

I haven't touched Erica in years. Up until a little while ago I didn't even know about our son. When I'm not at club or at the gym, I'm at home with her, making love to her. This jealously shit was driving me up the wall man. I was about to snap but I told myself to keep calm.

"Jayce I just don't get why she has to go with you guys, what's her motive she's trying to have some little family play date?"

"Man Amber you tripping it's not that damn deep you said you was cool with it, Harlem is excited now so why you wanna fuck that up?"

"Jayce you didn't even ask me if I was cool with it you told me and thought I was supposed to accept it, now I'm fine with her being here but I am not gonna allow her to walk up in here and disrespect me in my own home," Amber shouted back. I slammed the washer and charged to her pushing her up against the wall.

"I don't know if it's your hormones, or what but you need to chill"

"No I'm tired of being walked all on and disrespected you don't value my opinions neither do you respect me why the fuck did we even get married! You wanna run around here with that bitch then go ahead!" She yelled I don't know what it was that came over me but I grabbed her up and slammed her back.

"You better watch your fucking mouth!"

"Daddy," Harlem called putting to me and I moved my hands immediately. I slammed the wall and stormed out this wasn't me. I don't know why I let this shit stress me. This wasn't me, I wasn't no woman beater, and I definitely didn't want my son seeing that shit.

I was so distraught I didn't even pay attention to Erica. She was sitting on the porch smoking a black while sipping on a cola. I shook my head and chuckled. "Guess some shit don't change, yo ass stayed with a cola and a black,"
I said as she laughed.

"Yeah...." she took a long pull from the black and blew smoke in the air.

"Look if me joking you and Harlem tonight is gonna be a problem-"

"Hey look, I said you can come it's no big deal,"

"The conversation that just took place says different, I'm not trying to start no trouble between you and Amber, I just wanted to see Harlem before I made up my mind, I must say you guys are doing amazing, he's so big and smart. He read to me last night complete sentences, he's so young this is what I wanted for him Jayce, I couldn't I couldn't give him the life that he deserves, seeing him now makes me wonder what he'll be like when he grows into a man," she said smiling.

I smiled. "Look E, you his moms, You deserve a chance to be around him, any time you come back you know you can always hit me up and come see him, Amber just hormonal right now, she letting her hormones get the best of her and she ain't thinking clearly, she be nagging left and right about this respect shit,"

"You do have to respect her she's your wife Jayce and from what I heard her say you don't respect her opinions or her feelings did you ask her how she felt about me being here?"

"Nah I kinda just told her,"

"And then did you ask her about me coming along tonight?"

"Nah," I shook my head as she laughed.

"She's your partner Jayce not your side kick involve her more," She put out her black and got up going back into the house. I sighed and rubbed my head. This marriage shit was more complicated than ever. I was seconding guessing if maybe me and Amber was meant to be married. I needed space and time to think about shit but knowing Amber there wouldn't be no time. I guess maybe getting out the house more and being separated for a few hours would do some good.

I was just about to go back in the house when my other two way began to ring. I just gotten another iPhone to keep my business and personal separate. Plus Amber has been going through my phone lately. She thought I ain't notice but I did all the times. One minute she was talking about trust the next she was accusing me of cheating. I often understand what keyshia cole was saying.

Maybe I should go cheat, maybe I should lie and freak on other bitches as much as Amber say I do. I try to be faithful but it ain't doing nothing. I got the new phone some color phone as my other one. She don't know I got it simply cause I been doing my shit with hiding it.

"Yo what's the word," I said as I answered it.

"Yo J we got a issue at the club," my boy Skyler said nervously into the phone.

"An issue? It ain't nothing y'all can't handle I got plans with my kid tonight," I said getting heated.

"Nah J, look I'm sorry but you need to get down here now, we being raided, twelve hot man they going through everything,"

"Alright man I'm on my way," I said hanging up the phone. I rushed in the house heading upstairs to change.

"Daddy where you going me and mommy go with you!" Harlem said as he started putting on his shoes.

"No lil man, look daddy gotta go handle some business but I promise I'll make it up to you tomorrow okay," I said to him.

"Baby daddy you said today,"

"I know lil man I know daddy's sorry," he started crying and I sighed.

"Harlem you cant be mommy's big boy if you're crying like that," Erica said as she came out of the guest room.

"I'm sorry E but some shit going down at the club I gotta go handle it, let Amber know I'm gone,"

"Will do,"

I rushed out the house and into my truck. Once I got in I sped off into traffic towards the club.