Blackmail

Amber -

I was sitting at my desk eating an apple when Principal Lewis walked in smiling like he had just won the lottery or something. The sight of him made my stomach turn. I put the Apple down and threw it away, I grabbed a napkin and wiped my mouth.

"Good morning Ms.- oops Mrs. Taylor," he smirked.

"morning," I said mentally rolling my eyes.

"The board meeting is coming up and I would like for you to type up my speech,"

"Out of all the teachers in this building why do you constantly insist of me doing whatever it is that you need done?" I asked.

"Because out of all these teachers here you are the most qualified," he smiled.

"Well I'm sorry but I'm not your maid, and you know I'm pregnant I've requested several times for the elevator to be fixed and you've denied each request, So that means I have to walk up and down stairs all day, and whenever I'm late to something you complain about it, I've put in a request to transfer from this school, you told me when I was first hired that this school specializes in helping students and teachers, so as in helping them does that mean constant flirting and harassment?" I asked my blood boiling.

"Mrs Taylor I assure you-"

"Cut the bullshit, I've heard about you, and how charges have been pressed and dropped from other teachers, I've seen what they look like, kinda heavy set dark skinned, is that why you won't leave me alone?"

He sucked his teeth and chuckled. I stood up about to go get security when he grabbed me. "You don't wanna do that," I said to him. He let go and stepped back.

"Mrs. Taylor, I assure you that is behind me, I'm moving forward,"

"Moving forward my ass, does the school board know that you've been misappropriating funds? How you keep lying to these students and teachers about cutting programs because we don't have enough money, but after going over these files we have enough, but you keep spending the money on your rent on your fancy suits, that you can't afford, because of your past, you're letting thousands of people suffer because you're suffering,"

"You think you know everything, you know nothing!" He yelled. Bingo! I got him right where I want him.

"I know enough to bring this to the board,"

"If you bring this to the board I'll have to take you with me," he smirked.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"Are you sure you know your husband like you think you know him?"

"Yeah I do," I squinted my eyes. He smirked, tired of his games I began to walk towards the door.

"Did you know he killed a man, at a gas station," Principal Lewis said as he held up the picture.

"He killed this man, with a blade, stabbed him to death, did you know that? If you know he did are you telling me that you condone this type of behavior, he had no regards for this mans life, no care in the world,"

When I saw the picture, the man in the photo looked like my husband, but it wasn't my husband. It wasn't the man I had married, I had never seen Jayce like this, he had me before that he had killed people, that he was out in the streets reckless, he promised me that he wouldn't do it anymore, how did I know if this was an old picture? So many questions roamed my mind. Had Jayceon been lying to me? I didn't know what to think.

But I put on a good show, I didn't want Lewis to have the upper hand. I acted as if I knew about it already. I thought wisely at what my next moves were.

"Yes, My husband has told me before we met that he had been In the streets that he had been reckless, there's no date on this photo, how do I know this wasn't photoshopped, how do I know this wasn't an old photo that you're bringing up, Blackmail will get you no where, while you're trying to pin my husband, he's already pinning you," i was bluffing until My phone went off. Just in time I smirked. I grabbed my phone and walked over to him.

"We have statements from several teachers, admitting to you paying off money, hush money, the schools money to keep them quiet about your harassment, Yolanda Jonas, forth grade teacher from last year, she was here only a few months, your harassment began, she filed a police report, days after she resigned, she also went to the clinic, for a pregnancy test, a few months nine months however, you signed her sons birth certificate, and the charges against you were dropped,"

"If you go to the board,"

"If I go to the board, you don't want these problems Principal Lewis, so why don't you just step down, pack up your shit and take this," I handed him a get away ticket to Cuba. Little did he know as soon as he booked that flight, airport security would be on his ass. He took it and looked at it, before walking out.

*****

At the board meeting that night Principal Lewis told everyone that he was stepping down, the board voted that Vice Principal Santiago be the next in line for Principal. I got a promotion, however, I was very excited to hear that, Principal Lewis tried to leave for Cuba the next morning and before he could board the plane he was arrested.

"You did good babe," Jayceon came in the room smiling. His smile instantly faded when he saw my suitcases by the door.

"Babe where we going?" He asked me confused.

"We aren't going anywhere, I am,"

"What? Why?"

"Jayceon you lied to me had me looking like a fool, you killed someone, and the more I remember it you did come home that night fidgety, and when I drove your car the next morning I remember seeing the blood on your work gloves,"

"Babe I can explain,"

"I don't wanna hear it Jayce, I'm done, you had me looking foolish, I couldn't even defend you, because you keep so many secrets,"

"Baby wait at least let me explain myself please,"

"Save it, when I asked you to tell me the truth, you told me I had nothing to worry about," I grabbed my purse and my suitcase he tried to block my path.

"Jayceon move,"

"Amber

"MOVE!" I yelled.

He stepped to the side. Harlem came running into our bedroom. "Mama where you going?" He asked

I didn't turn to look back, they both called my name, but I kept going. I got in my car driving off, fuming.