King

Amber -

"He's in good hands sis I promise you, you wanna watch tv with me and McKenzie?" Kendrick asked Harlem as he looked from me to Kendrick with tears in his eyes.

"Me want daddy," he said grabbing my hand.

"Baby I have to go to work and I don't know where daddy is right now, but I promise you one of us will pick you up okay, this is daddy's bestfriend. He's a good man okay you can trust him, I wouldn't leave you with him if I didn't trust him," I said as he nodded his head.

"Come on man, I got him sis,"

"Okay and if you speak to your bestfriend tell his ass to call me," I said getting up and grabbing my purse.

"I will,"

"Bye mommy Amber," Harlem said as he waved.

"Bye baby, I'll see you later okay,"

"Okay," he smiled.

I got in my car and drove off to the school. Once I parked I got out grabbing my purse. I was so nervous , I said a little prayer before entering. I really wanted to talk to Jayceon right now he always knew what to say to make me feel better. I don't know why but something told me to call him.

Just as I was about to hang up he answered. "Yeah babe," he said.

"You have a lot of fucking nerve, you knew I had to be at the school and you left, Harlem's at Kendrick's house if you even care!" I yelled into the phone.

"I'm sorry baby, I just needed to clear my head and think, I'm sorry for spazzing out earlier can we talk about it tonight please," he said into the phone. Sighing I could hear the desperation and seriousness in his voice I knew he wasn't joking around.

"Okay honey we can talk about it later, I'll call you when I leave the school," I said as I began walking.

"Alright Baby, I love you," he said to me.

"I love you too baby," I replied before hanging up. I don't know what it was but he made me feel a thousand times better. Walking into the school I signed in and was later directed to the second floor outside of the principals office I sat waiting.

Taping my feet nervously I held onto my purse, a few minutes later Principal Lamar came out. I smiled the moment he called my name.

"Amber Riley?" He smiled.

"Yes, that's me," I laughed nervously.

"Okay you can follow me Ms. Riley," he smiled. I got up and followed him into his office. He offered me and seat and I sat down.

"Well I've been taking a look at your resume and your letter of recommendations, and I believe you would make a great addition to our school, I believe you are working towards our mission and this is what we need teachers like you who are passionate and ready to educate these children," he said smiling wide.

"Thank you Principal Lamar, I promise you this is what I want, this is what I desire, and I am passionate about teaching. This is something that I want," I smiled back.

"Alright then you can start first thing Monday morning," he smiled as he held out his hand. I stood up and shook his hand. As I left his office I couldn't wait to call Jayceon and tell him the good news.

After talking to him briefly I called Tina and Mark and we decided to go have lunch at our favorite spot downtown.

"Girl I told you you would get the job I'm so proud of you Amb," Tina said as she smiled.