- Chapter 3 -

Justins pov:

I get to the diner down the street and get out of the car. I slowly walk in, seeing the women that is always working when I'm here. I sit at the counter and she comes up to me .

"Like always?" She asks. I try my best to smile at her and nod. She smiles back and walks away. I pull out my phone, unlocking it.

"Oh Justin, hey." My head jerks to the side and I see Reagan sitting two seats away from me. Shit.

"Hi." I say quietly. He moves over a seat so he's sitting next to me.

"Funny, I never see you here." He says taking a sip of his milkshake. It's the same one I always get.

"I come all the time." I manage to giggle a little but stop quickly. He looks at me and nods.

"Yeah me too." He shrugs, twisting back and forth in the spinning chair. It squeaks every time he does. "So uh.." He starts. "The letter."

"I never wanted you to see that." I say looking right at him.

"Then how did I get it?" He asks as he stops spinning in the chair and turns his attention towards me.

"My sister mailed it to you, she's younger." I say to him. He nods, understanding.

"Yeah uh, i'm sorry if I made you feel bad. I'm with Laura and i've never been into boys, you could say." He tells me, which I did not want him to.

"Yeah I know." I sigh.

"But I don't have a problem that you are gay." He says as the women brings my milkshake. I thank her and Rae looks at my drink, then grins a little.

"I never said you did. Can we not talk about this?" I ask politely, taking a sip of my milkshake. He doesn't answer.

"I just want to know.." He begins and I look at him. "How do you love me? You don't really know me." He asks. I shrug.

"I don't know I guess. I just really think you're cute and you seem so sweet and-" I say but stop myself, immediately regret it. I slap my forehead and look away from him. "Never mind, i'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing." He says softly. "I just want you to know that I don't think we'll ever be a thing. Okay?"

"I am not trying to date you Raegan." I blurt out. I notice him staring at me from the corner of my eye. "I know you don't like me, so I never counted on that."

"Okay, fair enough." He says tilting his head down to his drink and taking a sip. It's silent for a second.

"How long have you..-" He slowly trails his sentence, noticing if I knew what he meant.

"A while, I guess." I say and push my glass forward as I finish my milkshake. I grab my phone and put it in my pocket.

"Well, I'll see you around." I say hopping off the chair and I notice him staring at me.

"Yeah, see you." He says lowly and I walk out, jumping into my car. Why does he start talking to me all of a sudden? Sure he knows about my feelings. But you'd think he would ignore me. Maybe he just doesn't want me to feel bad? Possibly.

I drive home quickly, wanting to be alone. Jenna is the first thing I see when I walk in the door. She's on the couch watching a show. My dad is home now also.

"Nice if you to join us Justin." He says from the kitchen. He leans on the counter, shooting me that look.

"I'm sorry dad. I wanted a milkshake." I tell him with a little chuckle. He sighs.

"Alright. Dinner is almost ready."

I walk over and sit next to Jenna on the couch. She comes closer to me and leans against me. I smile, loving our time together. We are really close, closer than most siblings.

It's weird. She always knows when someone is bothering me. I think she knows now, because she's staying close to me. I don't know if someone is actually bothering me. I just find it embarrassing that Raegan read my letter. What if he tells the whole school? No he wouldn't. Would he? That'd be humiliating.

"Dinner ready!" I jump at the sound of my dads voice. Jenna jumps up, running into the kitchen. I stand up and walk over to the kitchen counter.

"Thanks dad." I start picking at my food, i'm not really hungry.

"Not hungry?" He asks me. I shake my head at him. I see in the corner of my eye Jenna looking at me with concern.

"Well you are excused but if you get hungry later, come down and eat." He says. I nod, walking up the stairs to my room.

"Is he okay?" I hear my dad whisper to my sister before their voices fade away. I get into my room and shut the door, it making a loud slam!

"I'm fine." I say to myself before falling backwards on my bed. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding in. I'm fine.

My phone buzzes next to me and I sit up, grabbing it. I open the text to see it's an unknown number.

"What the fuck?" I whisper as I read it aloud.

"Justin, I saw you talking to my boyfriend today. Stay away from him, he doesn't like fags like you." My voice cracks at the end. His bitch of a girlfriend.

I don't text back and just put my phone down. Fuck her. But maybe I should stay away from Raegan. He doesn't like me, so why should I talk to him? He likes his GIRLfriend.

I'm so inactive :( i'm sorry guys. For you all who are still here I give you props. Also, if you like this book please stay tuned. I enjoy writing books and I want people to still read them :) Vote and comment please. I love you all ❤️❤️