- Chapter 8 -

Justin's pov:

One more day until the weekend. One more day until two chill days where maybe it'll be fun to hang with Raegan? I'm nervous though, to even ask. He makes me so nervous.

"Good morning." I hear next to me as I close my locker. I smile, turning my body towards him.

"Good morning." I say back. He laughs a little.

"What?" I ask.

"This is just funny. Sorry I didn't text you last night, Laura was ranting to me about much of an asshole I am." He tells me. I shake my head.

"You want that?" I ask.

"No. But I know she said all that because she's jealous. She'll come around." He says and my heart drops. I don't want her to come around. As soon as she comes back to him he'll forget about me. Totally forget.

"Hey." He says, waving his hand in front of my face a little. I feel myself turn red.

"What?" I ask.

"You okay?" He ask.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I don't know. Your face morphed into sadness. You can tell me is anything is bothering you Justin." He says and I feel my cheeks get hot, in a good way.

"I know, thank you. But i'm fine." I say and see Laura staring at us again from across the hallway.

I take this amazing opportunity to swiftly lift my arms and connect them around his neck. I dig my head into his shoulder and I feel his arms go around my waist.

"Laura." I say because I can tell he's a little confused. I feel him nod and rub his hands down my back, giving me goosebumps. If only he didn't think of this hug as just because of his ex girlfriend- soon to be girlfriend again.

Classes go my quickly during the day. I was going to meet Raegan in the hallway so we can go to lunch together, but I didn't see him anywhere. So I decided to walk to lunch alone. On my way, I see Raegan and Laura talking. I back track and listen to them closely.

"Come on you don't love Justin." She says to him, bringing her arm around his neck.

"Not yet." He says. It hurts so bad to know that he's just saying that. He will never love me.

"You're lying." She says, bringing her face closer to him. I don't like this, I want to go push her away from him.

"You broke up with me, now get away from me." He says taking her hands off him. She stares at him for a second before walking away, doing her famous stomp down the hall.

I walk into view of Raegan and he turns around, seeing me. He smiles, and I walk up to him.

"Why did you do that?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?"

"Why didn't you just go back to her?" I ask confused. He chuckles, taking my hand and pulling myself closer to him.

"I know she just wanted me to prove we were always fake. I want her to be convinced so she will actually want to be with me again." He explains. I stare into his eyes and he smiles a little at me. My heart flutters.

"Okay." I say, breaking eye contact with him.

"Let's go to lunch." He says and I nod. We walk to lunch together, but before we go in he carefully puts his hand into my back pocket. I jump a little but realize I said this was okay. I look over at him and he laughs.

We walk into lunch, and everyone looks at us. It's bad enough we are together, but now he has his fucking hand in my pocket. We walk to the middle of the lunch room and he pulls my pocket, forcing me to spin a circle and face him. He puts his hands in my waist and smiles at me and I smile back. In the corner of my eyes I see everyone staring at us. He comes closer to my ear.

"Nice job. See you after." He whispers. I nod, running my fingers through his hair. He walks away, and I look around to see literally everyone looking at me.

I slowly walk to my table, sitting down. I look at Laura across the lunch room and see her giving me the death stare. I get up, walking out. I don't need her staring at me the whole time. It's pretty funny, but that whole lunch room staring at me is just stupid.

By the end of the day, I went to my locker. Only to see Raegan leaning against it on his phone. I walk up to him and he sees me.

"Hey babe." He says. Some kids walk by and stare. I kind of hate all this attention.

"Why does everyone stare?" I ask, as he moves and I open my locker.

"Because no one thought i'd be dating you, ever." He says and I freeze, turning my head to him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Come on Justin. No one ever in this school thought i'd ever date you. I've always dated popular girls." He says to me. Does he not think that would hurt my feelings, because my heart just shook inside of me.

"Okay." I slam my locker. "I gotta go."

"Wait." He grabs my hand.

"No." I yank my hand back and he looks at me, confused.

"That hurt me Raegan." I say walking down the hall.

"Justin, it's true!" He shouts a little.

"You don't give a shit do you?" I ask.

"Of course I do."

"No...you don't." I say and run down the hall, going to my car. I get in, and notice tears in my eyes.

"No. Don't cry over him." I say to myself. I start my car and head home.

This book is kinda dead because there aren't that many people here anymore, but there ya go. Stay tuned if you want :)