Chapter 40

Taehyung's POV

I laughed along with my friends while stuffing my mouth with food. Without me realizing, I was already on my third plate. I must've been really hungry. Still, I keep talking and eating until I had the urge to check on Y/N. You could ask my friends, they would've noticed how many times I went to go for a run to check on Y/N and I'm doing it again now.

"Guys, I'm leaving for a while." I stood up from my seat.

"Again? She's fine, Tae. Chill your instincts." Jimin said.

"Hey, Mochi. It's fine, just let him be. He's already eaten a lot, it would be a good exercise for him." Heerin tells Jimin. Jimin looks at her before looking back at me, nodding. I smile and leave the place.

I skip my way there. Wearing the special dress, I click the door open. Her body laying on the bed, breathing with such soft feeling. Her chest rising rhythmically, her hand languid and her mouth slightly parting behind the plastic tool on top of it.

The time that had past isn't helping me to stop wondering when she's going to become conscious. I slowly make several steps to her. Bending down to sit on the chair provided next to the bed, I hold her hand with such gentleness. My head moving forwards to kiss the back of her hand.

Legs becoming straight, I spread warmth through her forehead. I moved back looking at her with sad eyes after kissing her. "Can you quickly open your eyes? I miss you." My voice unwillingly cracked. Waterfall was created from my eyes as a source. I wipe my eyes over and over. "I look so ugly when I cry, so please wake up to stop me from crying."

Sobbing, I hug my head down. Then an irregular beeping sound came from the heart beat machine thing. My eyes widen. I sprinted to clicked the bell to inform the nurses or doctors. "Y/N? Y/N? What's wrong? What's happening with you?" I panicked.

The door opened, around ten people rushed inside to check her condition. One of the nurses asked me to wait outside so I did even though it wasn't according to my will. I wasn't breathing properly, my thoughts were everywhere. What is something bad is going to happen to her? Or maybe she's having a heart attack? Maybe she'll drown into coma and won't wake up until the next years like what they say in some movies?

Big thumps were coming closer. I turned around. "Taehyung! Taehyung! What happened? I heard the bell from Y/N's room. Tell me nothing's wrong!" Jimin shook my shoulders as I look at his lifelessly.

"I-I d-don't know." I sobbed, sniffing along. "I was just checking her condition, then she-she suddenly, suddenly the-the beeping machine sounded abnormal so I q-quickly pressed the bell. Now they're checking what's wrong, but I-I still have no idea."

"W-what?" his voice slowly starts to vanish.

"I think it's better if we wait for the doctor and think about the good things." Jin hyung said. We all agreed and sit near her room. "Mochi, did you call her parents?" I heard Heerin ask Jimin. Her... parents?

Jimin shakes his head. "No, they won't even care anyways." he said. Heerin nods her head. "But still, just try. We'll just have to see if they care, they'd come. Just do it first."

"Alright." Jimin says. He takes out his phone and makes a call to her parents.

"Hello? Mrs. Kim? I have to say something, please don't panic yourself." he warns before telling the whole story. After he finished his story, he suddenly pulled his ear away from it faster than any lighting striking. I shot my head at him.

I could hear the other line screaming, "ARE YOU SURE? HOW DID A CAR- UGH, STAY THERE AND TAKE CARE OF HER. I'M POSTPONING MY MEETINGS." then I couldn't hear anything else. Her mom is so...