Chapter 44

Taehyung's POV

Right now? You're asking how I feel right now? I honestly don't know how to describe it no matter how much I want to say. It's either very happy or very sad, there's no in between. I can't believe the doctor said that. After how many days I've waited for her to wake up?

Sniffing, "H-How could she-e..." both of my hands on either sides of my head, holding it as if it'll make everything alright, as if everything would come back to normal when we all know death can't be survived.

Clicking of heels usually don't bother me, what made my attention avert towards it is the fact that it stopped right in front of me, with Heerin sitting beside me, comforting me.

I look up, paying close attention to her. "What do you think you're doing here? Didn't I ground you?" the women speaks with such dominance. "Who do you think you are? Running around, not listening to your authorities like an uneducated kid on those streets-"

"Stop Mom, just stop okay!! I don't need you to lecture me at a fucking hospital in front of my friend nor do I need you to be here right now!" and boom comes the hard slap on my face, indicating the woman's anger towards me. "Language Kim Taehyung!"

I scoff, "Who do you think I learned this from? You! and Dad! You both curse in front of me so I think it's very obvious to make this not a habit right?" I smirk. She points her index finger at me, "You-"

"Just screw off please. You can ground me as long as you want, just let me pour away my sadness here and I'll come back home." I didn't even spare a single glance, I hang my head low, back to think about Y/N.

She crosses her arms, "And you didn't even explain to me why you're here. I don't recall anyone being sick in our household?" she raises an eyebrow, but I still didn't look a her. I laugh, "Of course don't, she isn't in our household but will be in MY household."

"Taehyung.. you shouldn't have said that.." Heerin whispers quietly to me. "You mean?"

"My girlfriend, eomma!" I shout, tired of her unending irrelevant questions, like hell since when does she care, never even been at home for a whole month. "Don't shout at your mother! I'm just making sure. Isn't your girlfriend her?" she points at the girl sitting beside me, making her feel uncomfortable, she takes her hands off me, stopping herself to comfort me.

I shot my head at her with gritted teeth, "This. is. a hospital. Can you show respect? People are trying to rest here yet your making a commotion? How low!" I spit. I was honestly so tired of her motherly act when she isn't even 'motherly'. Now she's here making us look like an unstable mental family? How funny.

She was about to make another zoo noises, but redeems herself and threatened me, "You better come home tonight! Or else..."

"Just go away! Urgh!" I mess up my hair in result of being too stressed out by my 'mothers' actions which is making me feel so disgusted. She should get an Oscar's award for the best actress in the world. Ew.

I look at Heerin, concern visible in my eyes, "I am so sorry for my mother's behaviour. She doesn't usually act like that, there's just problems approaching to you everyday right?" I let out a slight laugh, not really finding funny, just trying to lift up the mood.

Heerin just smiled, "Your eyes are glassy, you sure bout that? You know lying to me ain't gonna make me think once about it cause if that were the issue, Y/N would've left this earth years ago."

I stood stunned at her words. How could she say those words with such calmness, just the thought of it makes me crazy. "She thinks Jisoo's death is her fault because of the mindset that her parents created. She used to blame them, which was their carelessness, not watching over their son when he was right in front of them, but her parents always blamed it on her and she also watched her bother's death live. It's the reason she has this fear until now. I'm honestly impressed. Wait, impressed is an understatement. But above all, the fact that she changed positions with you when she knew how it would end really made me speechless. Never had I have that kind of thought since she told me about it. Jimin also told me stories about her."