Chapter 54

Last chapter

_

5 months later

"You can do it! One more time, one more!"

I have roamed along this hallway since 4 hours ago and I still couldn't feel my legs get tired. In terms of bad habit, I had bitten off 3 of my nails and am still going.

The atmosphere was getting tenser by the hour, not even sure if the ending would even go well at all. Although I could feel Taehyung's eyes all over me, my mind was completely blank and didn't give a single care in this world besides my mom.

"You've been walking around, sitting, shaking your legs for hours now-"

I glare at the person who dare talk to me at this very moment which instantly shuts him up. "Excuse me, but my mom has been in there for God knows how long and the baby still isn't out yet." I debate.

Yes, I decided to forgive my parents for what they did. After the night of my birthday, me and Taehyung had an pulled an all-nighters where we got to talk still we saw the sunshine from the peep of our curtain.

The night where I've heard Taehyung talk the longest. He shared everything about him, starting from his experience, family, social life and gave me advice on what I should do and what not. Regarding my feelings, he did not force me to follow as it was truly my own decision to make, even if it honestly took more than a month to think about everything.

"Maybe the time hasn't-"

"What? Hasn't come?" I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Stop talking about 'right time' and focus more on the 'death time'. This baby could either have my mom killed or could happily come out into this world where it can cry forever." I say.

Taehyung finally stands up from his seat, taking a hold of my hands that have been stuck on my hips since 3 AM. He puts them behind him, pulling me into a hug. "Are you done?" his question softens me. I nod.

"Stop thinking too much about it. You walking around like a zombie won't get the baby out faster. Just wait for a second and he'll be-" his words get cut off by a sudden loud noise of cry. I jump out of Taehyung's arms, running towards my mom's labor door.

My head gets hit when the door opens, revealing the doctor and a nurse. I make my way to the doctor, giving him an anticipating look. "The baby came out healthy. Your mom is alright, she's in pain right now in her lower abdomen so it would be better for her to stay in her current position. Also, the baby is still sensitive with very loud sounds, please take care of your little brother well."

"Thank you!" I genuinely thanked the doctor, still massaging my hurt forehead. I push the door a little, taking a small peak at my baby brother before deciding to go inside.

He was in my mother's arms, his extremely small features made me tear up a bit. When my mom let me hold the baby, that was it. I can't remember the last time I held a baby boy in my arms since Jihoon and it made me smile.

"Doesn't he look a little like Jihoon?" my mom voices. I nod vigorously, "Not a little, they're extremely alike!"

Taehyung then walks in the room and held my mom's hand. "Congratulations, Auntie." and proceeds to put a basket of fruits on the table near the bed. Right then, I feel his breath touch my ears. "He's cute." he compliments.

"I know right-"

"I wonder how ours would look." he moves back and start up a conversation with my dad, walking over to him while I stay perfectly frozen in my spot trying to process his words. That was until I heard my mom laugh a little.