🍃18🍃

6/17/18

6/17/18

Yoongi sat in front of the small, potted Vinca minor, holding a few of her leafy limbs in his hand. He'd been trying to determine the best way to handle the stingy plant in front of him. So far he had decided upon the care regimen. It was simple but could have beautiful results if enacted correctly. Plenty of sun, water with added minerals and the occasional bit of fertilizer. Yoongi held his finger to one of the blooms. How could he continue to make it even more beautiful? Maybe wire supports? He knew his regimen would work wonders but he couldn't help but think that he was missing something important. Yoongi shook the feeling off, he was sure it was something small that he'd figure out when it came to it. It wasn't important now.

Jimin's door creaked open down the hill, a small grin spreading on his face as he heard it and the footsteps that followed. Yoongi didn't even have to look away from his Vinca minor to know that the younger was coming towards him, curiousness in hand.

“Hello, Jimin-ssi.” Yoongi said, still poking and prodding at the Myrtle.

“Hi, Mr. Hoarder hyung. You looked so focused on the Myrtle I didn't think you'd hear me coming up here.” Jimin said as he finished his short trek.

“I lose focus easily.” Yoongi explained. He never could maintain proper focus for too long. One of those nasty side effects.

Jimin hummed in response as he sat down close to Yoongi to watch him work. Yoongi's gloved fingers moved diligently around the Myrtle's mass of limbs, taking hold of blooms and leaves. He used one to two of his fingertips to gently place support under the petals or leaves so his deep brown cat like eyes could see the plants details closely.

“What do you see?”

“Huh?” Yoongi asked, looking at Jimin.

“What do you see?” Jimin restated, gesturing at the plant.

“Oh,” Yoongi returned his sight back to the Myrtle, “Well, she’s a fairly young Vinca minor. Hasn’t reached her full height and width potential yet. Width especially. She’s certainly not as healthy as she could be.” Yoongi lifted one of the leaves up for Jimin to see and rubbed his thumb against a browned portion, “See? I believe she just needs a good and proper care system. Fertilizer, minerals, water and most of all sunlight.”

“Well, I may not know a lot about proper plant care systems, but I do know that a little TLC always helps.” Jimin smiled softly at Yoongi, “It’s what my Mom always said helped her Safflower plants grow. Mom loved her Safflower plants.”

“TLC?” Yoongi said to himself.

“Tender loving care.” Jimin nodded.

Yoongi loved his plants, he knew that for sure. However, sometimes he felt like maybe he didn’t treat them that way. He had so many that maybe his love had been spread thin and he became impersonal with them. They may have turned out as beautiful plants but that feeling that something was missing was loomingly present.

“I think she needs some TLC.” Yoongi smiled.

“It’ll do the trick.” Jimin responded. “Speaking of plant TLC, my plants aren't doing too well.”

Yoongi looked down the hill at Jimin’s shrubs that appeared to be thinning and shedding well before winter. “I can see that.”

“You know, I heard that you used to take care of the plants on the property when no one owned it.”

“I did, they still weren’t pretty then.”

“I bet they were prettier than they are now.”

Yoongi laughed, “I suppose so.”

“Anyways, my point is, would you like to take care of them again? I should in no way be trusted with the care of anything living.”

“I’d like that.” Yoongi said.

As their conversation died down, Jimin began to rub his hands together nervously and look around as if expecting something to be there. It worried Yoongi to be honest. From everything Yoongi had learned about Jimin, he was fairly sure that he wasn’t the overly anxious type. If something was bothering Jimin, it must be pretty bad and overwhelming.

“Hey, what’s on your mind?” Yoongi asked.

“Hm?”

“You look nervous. Is something wrong?”

“N-no not at all.”

Yoongi knew lies, and that was definitely a lie.

“You know, when I’m nervous or anxious about something, I tell someone about it. You’ll feel better, trust me.” Yoongi smiled.

“Thanks, Yoongi hyung.”

“It’s no problem, Jimin.”

“You know, Yoongi-” Jimin was cut off by a car rumbling up the gravel driveway towards the younger’s house. “Ah, sorry, Hyung, that’s Jungkook. I completely forgot we were supposed to hang out.”

“That’s alright. I hope to see you soon?”

“Absolutely. Bye, hyung!” Jimin said as he stood up and started towards his house.

“Bye, Jimin!” Yoongi watched Jimin’s small figure walk down the hill and found himself shouting, “Jimin! Talk to him!”

Jimin stopped, looked at Yoongi and then continued on his way, seeming to have taken Yoongi's words into consideration. Maybe it was time to let someone in and understand.  

Word Count: 850