🍃58🍃

8/3/18

8/3/18

Yoongi sat on his knees on the floor with a wet cloth in hand. He'd been trying to get the whitish tint up for the longest time, however it didn't seem to be working in his favor. He'd been thinking and that was more painful than the burning sensation spreading through his arms. If Jimin didn't trust him with that situation, what else would he not trust him with?

Yoongi finally gave up and tossed the cloth to the side. He leaned his elbows against a small table which he brought down from one of his storage rooms and had set a small vase of Wisteria sinenis blooms on. He was sure Jimin would like the light purple color of the small flowers, the color just screamed Jimin. Everything screamed Jimin at the moment, if he was being completely honest. He didn't know why he was still forcing himself to be up here when he'd rather be down there. He knew it wasn't pride, he had never had a problem admitting he was wrong and apologizing, even if it made him look weak. What was it? Yoongi thought he knew or at least had a good feeling as to what it is. He just didn't want to say it or think it even. He knew he'd have to label it, but he wasn't ready.

He'd known what that feeling had been since he'd seen the man with the bat on Jimin's porch the day prior. Just seeing his dark figure sent a wave of the feeling down Yoongi's spine. It shook him to the core. It had been none other than fear. There, he said it. He was scared. Scared of being hurt again by Jimin's butthurt ex(?). Scared of Jimin keeping things from him again. Scared that Jimin will love him less for seeing his doubtful, unsure side. It was all too much. Too much. The fear was gripping him by the throat and holding him tightly with an unwavering grasp. Yoongi could feel tears rising in his eyes. He was overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by finally admitting all that was sitting on his shoulders and holding him back from running down that hill. He didn't want to face Jimin when he was still so sure that the younger would no longer love him as much or at all if he did so. He didn't want to run into the man with the bat and not be able to walk away this time around. He didn't want to admit that the anxiety and fear had become too much or to admit everything at all, to be honest. He was scared, so scared, so sca-

A loud pounding thundered on the surface of his newly installed door. Loud knocks that certainly did not belong to the younger male that lived down the hill. Yoongi waited a moment or two before slowly unlocking the door and pulling it open a crack. He peered out and only saw a small, brown, paper bag. He stuck only his arm out and scooped the bag up. He set it down on the table and sat down by it. The bag was fairly ominous looking as he stared at it for a long period of time. Yoongi sighed before finally reaching into it's opening. Yoongi's face paled as his hand wrapped around a familiar shape. The bag crinkled as he retracted his hand and the object. It was the pastel pink paper wrapped gift with the big blue ribbon. As he stared in awe, the bag fell from its perch on the table to the floor where a letter slid out. Yoongi took notice and grabbed the sheet of notebook paper.

Dear Yoongi,

This is going to be short, but I have to be quick. Please go back to Jimin. He's suffering without you, just like you are without him. I should've just accepted that it was over between us. Instead I had to make him fear me and have to keep things from you. He thought not telling you would keep you safe or, at least, keep you from feeling constantly paranoid and unsafe like him. He didn't want you to have to feel constantly burdened by his troubles. He thought it would all be a weight you didn't need when really he didn't see that you two could've shared the weight and worked through this together, that it would've been easier on him and you as well. I put him into that state of thinking, where anything was better than admitting you had a psycho ex hunting for you. So, please, don't blame him. Put all the blame on me and run to that boy and make him feel loved and safe.

-Seokjin

Yoongi didn't know how to respond. He set the letter down on the table and then looked at the gift to his left. Seokjin was right, sharing weights was easier on both people, depending on the size. It was alright to be afraid. He had every right to be. However, he shouldn't let this fear hurt Jimin too. Especially when it could all be resolved. Yoongi tapped the gift. He had faith in his game plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all, apparently all my stories end with a letter. Next week will be the last time I update this with official chapter.