🍃48🍃

7/21/18

7/21/18

“Yoongi! Lunch is ready!” Jimin shouted down the hallway towards the older who was in the spare bedroom.

Jimin seated himself and gave a smile to Yoongi which the older barely returned as he entered the room and took a seat. Yoongi poked at his sandwich, occasionally glancing nervously up at Jimin to meet his stare on accident and would look embarrassedly back down. He took a bite or two before excusing himself and going back to his room. Jimin sighed and looked at the bitten at sandwich. Yoongi had been avoiding him. He only spoke when necessary and wouldn’t make eye contact for longer than a few seconds. He spent most of his time hulled up in Jimin’s spare bedroom, not even coming out for the white tulip that Jimin had purchased just for him.

Jimin only had himself to blame. He had left Yoongi alone for so long, long enough for Yoongi to convince himself of just about anything. Jimin could only assume those things were about why he had been avoiding the older. Jimin set the remaining bit of his sandwich back down on his plate, his appetite long gone. He scooped up the dishes and brought them to the sink. He turned the water on and began to wash them. Maybe Yoongi thought that he had done something horrible. Maybe Yoongi thought Jimin hated him because of it. Maybe he thought he was alone again. Alone again until Jimin got bored and moved away from this middle of nowhere shack and someone else took his place. Or maybe no one could replace him and Yoongi would resume his previous agenda and speak to no one. Not even if they found him interesting. Not even if they admired his milky skin or white shirts that showed off his collarbone or shorts that showed off his thighs when he bent down or black hair that shone a reddish color when the sun hit it. Not even if they didn’t mind him not remembering things or his endless questions. Not even if they didn’t mind the clutter of his home or the dirt that always manages to sneak into every place he ever was and will be.

The water shut off and Jimin found himself in the hallway, his guilt eating him up. He knocked lightly on Yoongi's door, “Hyung, I'm coming in, okay?”

Jimin pushed the door open and was greeted by Yoongi sitting with one leg to his chest and the other wrapped around that one by the window on his bed, unaware of Jimin's presence. “Hyung?”

Yoongi turned his head to Jimin with widened eyes looking at him, “Y-Yeah?”

Jimin sat on the bed next to him, making Yoongi flinch a little bit and move away, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure? You've been acting really weird.”

Yoongi rubbed his leg and looked anxiously away.

“Hyung, please tell me what's going on.”

“I don't want to make you uncomfortable.” Yoongi murmured quietly.

Jimin tilted his head, implying he hadn’t heard.

“I don't want to make you uncomfortable.”

“Why would you make me uncomfortable?”

“Because I kissed you and you didn't want me to.”

“Yoongi-”

“It's okay if you want to leave, you don't have to be in here with me. You don't have to keep comforting my weak self-”

Jimin pressed his lips to Yoongi's, his hands cupping Yoongi's cheeks. Yoongi took a second to process what was going on but soon enough was kissing back lightly. Jimin pulled away and hugged Yoongi tightly.

“I-I thought you hated me.” Yoongi said quietly.

“Why would I hate you?”

“I had kissed you without knowing if you liked me or remembering if you liked guys or not or if you even wanted me to.” Yoongi looked down at his hands which were fiddling with his shirt. “I was scared before and after that you might never want to see me and then you started ignoring me and it was all confirmed. I called you and you told me to not call you anymore and I-I broke down. I didn't want to lose you.”

Jimin pulled Yoongi closer, “I was scared of hurting you and I didn't realize that distancing us was hurting you just as much. I'm so sorry for making you feel that way, I never meant any of it.”

Yoongi buried his head into Jimin's shoulder. “Can we stay like this for a while?”

Jimin hummed while rubbing his head into Yoongi's hair. This was just what the two needed. A moment to seal that they had each other's backs no matter what. A needed moment for Yoongi who needed to be reassured that he wasn't hated. That he was loved and supported and wasn't as repulsive as he thought he was. A needed moment for Jimin who needed to know he'd made the right decision. That being around Yoongi was better than him staying far away. It was a moment that the two had needed long before the incident. A moment that had taken it's time but was well worth it. All had been put in the air. Jimin honestly felt relieved. He had that sitting on his shoulders for so long. The guilt of having not told Yoongi that he was scared had eaten him up until there was little to nothing left. Although the demon sitting on his shoulder hadn't entirely evaporated, it was all Jimin was willing to tell Yoongi at the moment, the rest would have to come later.

Another relieved individual was Yoongi, who was sure this conversation was going to go the path he hadn't wanted it to. He was more than surprised when Jimin kissed him and then nearly passed out as Jimin returned his feelings. His heart swelled as he thought of Jimin reassuring him that the he loved him and could never hate him. Yoongi leaned further into the embrace. Yoongi had only ever wanted to be loved. It was hard to get what he wanted when his parents were always expecting something of him. Something he could never give them. However, Jimin made up for all the love he had lost in his youth by ten times. He was more than enough and he was sure he hadn't deserved the small boy pressed tightly against him. It was going to take some time to get used to, if he was being honest. Being loved without having to beg and plead for it, and all. Yoongi breathed in Jimin's scent, as weird as that is. This was the change he had always wanted. And he loved it.

Word Count: 1108