🍃46🍃

7/18/18

7/18/18

Jimin slowly sat up in bed as his phone rang for what felt like the sixteenth time that night. Jimin groped the surface of his nightstand for a few seconds before finally finding his phone. He rubbed his eyes as he hit answer and brought the phone to his ear.

“Hello?” Jimin tiredly mumbled.

Soft cries filled the phone call. “Jimin.”

“Jungkook, are you okay?” Jimin asked, suddenly being jolted awake by his friends tears.

“S.. S talked to Tae.”

“What? He did what?”

“S fo-found Tae while he was out getting s-snacks and told him.”

“Oh my God.”

“I never wanted Tae to know! I was trying so hard to get out that I-I thought it wouldn't matter anymore.”

“How's Tae taking it?”

“H-He left the apartment. He was so m-mad. So mad with me. Who could blame him? I screwed up.”

“Kook, you were trying to fix it, that's what matters.”

“Not to him. I l-lied to him for t-two years about bea-beating people up for k-kicks.”

“Jungkook, you didn't do it for kicks if you didn't want to do it at all.”

“Tae w-wouldn't take that. He said that probably was also a lie.”

“He was just mad, like you said. Give him some time to cool down and try to explain.”

“He's never going to w-want to talk to me again. You didn't see his face. He ha-hated me.”

“Jungkook, Taehyung could never hate you. Have you seen the way he looks at you? The way he talks about you? I doubt he'll refuse to hear you explain yourself.” Jimin said in the most soothing tone he could. “He's going to want an explanation and you have one. You can call me in to back you up if it's necessary, which I don't think it will be.”

“Th-thank you, Jimin.”

“It's no problem.”

Jungkook sniffled before another sob erupted from his mouth, “Oh, God! Oh God, Jimin!”

“What? What's wrong?”

“Yoongi! He's go-going for Yoongi n-next!”

“What?”

“You have to get to-”

A scream from up the hill broke the silent night and Jimin dropped his phone. He slid out of bed and dashed out his front door and up the hill. Yoongi's front door was swung all the way inside. Jimin covered his mouth as tears welled in his eyes. The destruction was horrendous. Everything that had previously sat on Yoongi's shelves was laying crushed into billions of little pieces on the floor. The floorboards were hardly discernible from the dust and debris that surrounded him. The notes that had hung all over the walls were torn to shreds and the clocks were shattered and pulled apart. The Scabiosa atropurpurea that had remained inside the home was stripped of petals and leaves, leaving behind spindly stems. Some of the shelves had been torn from the walls and were flung to the other side of the room, dents visibly present in the wall.

Jimin took a step inside and let out a dismayed sound as a crunch rose up from the rubble. There was glass and broken up pieces of plastic everywhere that cracked as he stepped through the house, hoping to find Yoongi unharmed somewhere. Jimin gasped as he stepped into the kitchen. The cabinet doors were all open and their contents were spilled out onto the floor. It all looked as if it had been jumped on as many times as it took the assailant to get tired.

Jimin kept his hand raised to his mouth as he searched the lower level of the home, no sign of Yoongi anywhere. He was terrified that the idea of Yoongi being dead could actually be real. The picture of Yoongi bound at the wrists with tape across his mouth bleeding in multiple places was now haunting Jimin's vision and it made him want to climb the stairs even faster. If Yoongi wasn't on the first floor, he was bound to be on the second. Jimin held back his tears as he heard quieted cries from Yoongi's room and slowly opened the door. Yoongi sat with his knees raised to his chest, his face buried in them, his cries sounding so full of pain and resentment that Jimin nearly burst out in tears too. He was shaking slightly and was so pale that it looked like he'd been completely drained of blood.

“Yoongi!” Jimin said and ran for the boy. “Yoongi, are you alright? Are you hurt?”

Yoongi shook his head and lifted it to look Jimin in the eye. His own eyes were red and slightly swollen. His cheeks had multiple tear tracks running down them. “I begged them not to, but they swung their bat at it. They just kept hitting it and hitting it. S-So, I ran up here. They just kept hitting it. Hitting it.” Yoongi sobbed.

Jimin pulled the boy to his chest and ran his fingers comfortingly through his hair.

“I'm so so sorry.”

“Jimin. It-It's all gone, isn't it? They hit it all, didn't they?”

Jimin just nodded and Yoongi's cries got louder.

“I was afraid of this. I'm so sorry, Yoongi, so sorry.”

Jimin nuzzled his chin into the older's hair.

“Things will get better, I hope.”

Word Count: 888