🍃44🍃

7/17/18

7/17/18

Jimin gripped down harshly on his phone. He should've just told Yoongi why they couldn't speak. He should've just admitted that something from his past had caught up with him and he was scared. Scared for his safety. Not break his heart. Why hadn't Jimin told him? He could only guess that if he admitted to the boy he loved that his nightmare was occuring, it would feel too real. That an even larger gap than the one he had just built would form between the two. A bridge could be built if he didn't say anything but no bridge would ever cover the gap of actually speaking those words.

His thumb slid over Yoongi's contact picture as his grip loosened. The picture expanded and Jimin's eyes shifted to where the change occurred. The picture was of him and Yoongi together. It was taken right after they left the movie theater. Yoongi's white button up shirt had a wet spot near the shoulder where Jimin had cried into it during the movie. Jimin's own outfit looked pretty good too. A lilac button up over a white t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up a bit. Yoongi had gushed over the outfit. He and Yoongi were smiling, smiling so brightly, it put a new smile on Jimin's face. Until that smile faded too. All it took was a glance at the contacts call log.

Received call: 7/16/18.

Jimin's eyes looked back up to Yoongi's smile. Now that he was looking at it for a second time, it looked fake. The smile seemed forced. Little hints of realness were there but Jimin was too busy looking past those curtains. The pain that he had once saw gracing those lips was once again dancing about them. It was far more prominent than last time. Jimin was surprised he hadn't noticed that smile the night of but reminded himself that he probably was intoxicated by Yoongi's personality and was blinded from the second Yoongi opened his door. Jimin gulped back the lump in his throat. The pain within Yoongi was slowly wilting him and Jimin had left him to suffer the process alone. The garden was wilting and it was left to fall apart all alone.

Jimin closed the app no longer able to bear the smile that was taunting him. The time hit Jimin and he dashed to the window, pressing his hands to the glass. His eyes scanned the house up the hill, hoping to see the screen door open and the black haired male come and stand by the railing of his porch. The male would close his eyes and let the wind caress him, blowing his hair around. His eyes would softly open and scan the fields, hoping to see wildlife prancing gracefully about. He would gently hold a plant's bloom or tend to it with care. He would place his hands on the railing and take a deep breath full of summer air before going back inside. However, today, the screen door remained closed. No trace of the older boy. Jimin's hands left the glass. His hope was drained. He just had to wait until it was safe. Until it was safe. Safe.

A loud knocking burst through Jimin's home. Jimin shakily stood from his seat by the window and peered through his peephole. Nothing. No one stood in view of the peepholes limited view. Had Jimin ordered anything recently? Maybe something for Yoongi. Jimin undid the multiple locks that kept him feeling safe and pulled the door open. A blast of warm air flew into the air conditioned house as Jimin peered out the door. Nothing sat on his mat and no one was on his porch. Jimin groaned. Damn ding dong ditchers. He turned around and closed the door only to hear it thunk on something before it could close. Jimin spun around and his eyes widened in fear.

“Hey, love.” S stood in all his glory just beyond the house's threshold, his foot resting between the door and the door frame.

“Don't call me that.” Jimin hissed, his fear becoming anger.

“I just want to talk.” S stepped into the house.

“Well I don't.” Jimin turned back around.

S scanned the house, “I was hoping to meet lover boy, but it appears he isn't playing your shadow today.” S shrugged his shoulders. “I suppose we could bring Yoongi down here if we wanted to. His name's Yoongi, isn't it?”

Jimin tensed.

“I'll take that as a yes.”

“You stay the hell away from him! You hear me? You stay away!” Jimin shouted.

S laughed. “Why would I do that? He's taking you from me. He's the competition.”

“Please. Please don't hurt him.”

S slinked over to Jimin's mantle and scanned the pictures, “You and Jungkook were quite close. Seen much of him recently?”

“N-no. I haven't seen or heard from him since I moved.” Jimin lied.

S hummed. “Good. It's so hard to cover up two murders over one.”

Jimin paled. “What's that supposed to mean?”

“Babe, I'm disappointed. None of our pictures are here.”

“Stop changing the subject.”

“Would you really like me to go on?”

Jimin opened his mouth to speak and then closed it.

“You really should have a photo of us here.”

“We broke up.”

“So? You could have it to reminisce.”

“Why would I want to do that?”

“Because, personally, I thought we were good together.”

“Can you please just leave my house?”

S kept his stare on a photo while he shrugged. “I guess I can go.”

Jimin could only hoped that it wasn't the photo he was thinking of.

“Namjoon commends your hiding ability. It took him forever to find you.”

“If I'm supposed to feel accomplished, I don't.”

S laughed and strolled to the door. “It’s a shame that I didn't get to meet Yoongi today. Another day, I suppose.” He stopped in the doorframe and turned his head back slightly, “Oh and tell Jungkook next time you see him that I said hello.”

Jimin's jaw dropped and the door closed with a smirking S slipping away.

It'll never be safe.

Word Count: 1029