🍃26🍃

6/24/18

6/24/18

Jimin waited contentedly for Yoongi as he leaned his elbows on the older's granite countertop. Yoongi had invited him over earlier on in the day wanting to show him some unspecified thing.

Once he'd arrived, Yoongi had completely forgotten about what he wanted to show him. He had felt bad about bringing Jimin all the way up here for nothing and ran upstairs in hopes of remembering. And thus, Jimin was left to wander the kitchen. So far, he had picked through the spice racks, which was pretty empty, gone through his cabinets, full of mostly easy to make “just add water and boil” foods. It worried Jimin that all Yoongi was taking in was Uncle Ben's, however, he hadn't seen the cabinets at their finest. They were barely full and Jimin could only assume that food delivery day was soon. His thoughts were confirmed by one of the many calendars in the house which had listed on the 24 space, “Food Day”.

Yoongi slid back down the stairs and padded quietly into the kitchen, catching Jimin snooping through his fridge. “Please tell me you aren't trying to poison me.” Yoongi said, scaring Jimin who slammed the fridge door closed.

“N-no.” Jimin stuttered moving away from the fridge. “Did you find what you were looking for?”

“No, I'm really sorry Jimin. I called you up here for nothing.”

“It's alright.” Jimin smiled as he leaned on the granite again, “I wouldn't call spending time with you nothing.”

Yoongi smiled back, the butterflies in his stomach fluttering about.

The doorbell rang and Jimin removed his elbow from the counter's surface. Yoongi went to the door followed by a hesitant Jimin and pulled it open in time to see a dirty old Subaru backing out. A few small Tussilago farfara blew around as the car sped towards the road. Yoongi bent down and grabbed the three brown paper bags of groceries that the Subaru had left behind and brought them in to the kitchen with a little help from Jimin. He set them on the counter and began taking things out. Jimin looked a bit disgusted almost at the sight of all the instant meals that were coming out of the bag. Kraft mac n cheese, Stouffer's lasagna, instant mash potatoes, it seemed to never end. As Yoongi began to put the food items away, Jimin stopped him by saying, “This is what you eat?”

Yoongi hummed and continued stocking his fridge.

“How are you still alive if this is all you eat?”

“This isn't all I eat.” Yoongi said as he stuffed a Stouffer's into his freezer, “I've been living just fine off of this stuff as a matter of fact.”

“It's really not that good for you.”

“I know.”

Yoongi looked kind of glum as he said that, his bag of rice remaining in his hand far longer than any other item. Jimin quickly noted how Yoongi's eyes were filled with resentment or wanting and immediately understood that Yoongi really had no choice but to eat what he was given.

“How about this,” Jimin started, recapturing Yoongi's attention, “You come to my house tomorrow and I'll teach you something new.”

“You'd really want me at your house?”

“Why wouldn't I?”

Yoongi fiddled with his shirt sleeves, “I-”

“So is that a no or a yes?”

“Y-yes. I'd love to.”

“Great. So tomorrow it is.”

Word Count: 569