🍃19🍃

6/17/18

6/17/18

“Jungkook! Hi!” Jimin greeted Jungkook from a few meters away from his driveway, where he was still maneuvering through the tall grass on the side of his house.

“Jimin, it's nice to see you.” Jungkook said as he moved around his car towards the older.

“It's nice to see you too.”

“So, why were you around there?” Jungkook asked curiously.

“I was, um, checking up on my bushes?” Jimin said, trying to lead Jungkook in to his house.

“C'mon, Jimin! What were you doing?” Jungkook said following Jimin up the porch steps.

Jimin pushed open his door before turning around briefly to say, “I was talking to my neighbor, Yoongi! Happy?”

“Extremely.” Jungkook said, clapping his hands softly together. “I can't believe you talked to him!”

“I can't either!”

Jimin sat down in the living room and Jungkook followed, his eyes trained on the empty coasters on the coffee table. “No soju?”

Jimin shook his head, “I want to get straight into this. Completely sober.”

“So we're being serious today, huh?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize, you know you can always depend on me.”

“That’s why I want to tell you how I feel.”

Jungkook leaned on his knees.

“I'm scared Jungkook. No, no, I'm terrified. I'm terrified of him. I'm more terrified than you'll ever know. I've tried so hard to look and be calm but it's so hard. I'm not strong, I'm so not strong.” Jimin tried to hide his glistening eyes.

“I'm not strong enough to believe that he's not going to find me. I'm not strong enough to be able to make new friends and not feel like he's going to hurt them. I feel so guilty because I don't feel like I'm being myself with Yoongi or being honest with you. He's made me paranoid beyond belief. I feel like I haven't been myself since I found out what he was doing. It's always sitting there in the back of my head, looming over every decision I have to make. It's like no matter what I do, my head somehow makes me think that he'll find me because of it.”

Jimin looked down guiltily. “I keep telling myself and others that Yoongi's weird and odd because I think that if I manage to convince someone else that he is, I'll think so too and want to stay away. So far, it's only made me want to go closer. But that scares me because of how he can contort this into my worst nightmare. It's fear and my cowardice around every corner, wherever I go.” Jimin felt a tear roll down his cheek and he quickly wiped it away. “I'm scared, Jungkook.”

Jungkook looked at Jimin with a mixture of surprise and concern. Jimin rubbed his hand on his arm, “I'm sorry if I overwhelmed you-”

Jungkook quickly pulled Jimin into a hug, interrupting him, “You'll never overwhelm me. I'm just surprised that you were willing to tell me all that.”

“I had a little boost.” Jimin said, leaning into the hug.

“Thank you for trusting me, Jimin. It means a lot.”

“You're one of the only people I trust.”

“I'm honored.” Jungkook laughed.

“You should be.” Jimin smiled.

“Hey, if it's any comfort, I was scared too when I met Taehyung. I knew I was falling for him but S made me feel like he'd be unsafe around me. Eventually, after I spent enough time around Taehyung, I understood that you can't let fear hold you back all the time, especially if it's holding you back from being happy.” Jungkook let go of Jimin and smiled slightly but warmly at him, “I think that you just need to unattach your thinker from your doer for a while. Consider what your doer wants to do and do it. What's your doer saying he wants to do?”

Jimin grinned, “Hang out with Yoongi.”

“Then do it! You'll feel great.” A smirk spread on Jungkook's face, “So, Yoongi-”

Jimin slapped Jungkook's arm, “Shut up.”

“He sounds special.”

“I guess so.”

“I have a feeling that you more than “guess so”.”

“Alright, fine. He's amazing as far as I know. I mean, I've only talked to him properly about three times. I still don't know very much about him.” Jimin's eyes glowed with excitement. “I know that he loves plants and is a kind person with an abnormally large story to tell. He's telling me so much already, he's very trusting. He's totally not weird at at all either. You just have to get to know him and his interests to understand why he does certain things.”

“Well, I can officially say you like him.”

“Yeah, of course I like him.” Jimin said, grinning lightly.

Jungkook just smiled. That wasn't exactly what he meant. He knew that Jimin was having a hard time moving forward after S. The thought of love just sent Jimin into a fit of denial. Love scared him too, though he wouldn't acknowledge it.

“Ah! Would you like that Soju now that we're done?”

“Will you tell me more about Yoongi if I accept?”

Jimin sighed, “Sure.”

“I'll gladly take some.”

Jimin stood from his seat and went into the kitchen towards the refrigerator. Jungkook leaned back in his chair, smiling brightly to himself, “Ah, young love.”

Word Count: 884