🍃59🍃

8/4/18

8/4/18

Yoongi grabbed the gift and the bouquet of pink Dianthus caryophyllus and Osmanthus, an unlikely pairing that turned out to be fairly pretty. He looked forward to seeing Jimin's brown eyes that crinkled into crescent moons when he smiled that bright smile. He looked forward to hearing the younger's laughs. He just couldn't wait anymore. He'd thought this through, he was going to tell Jimin that they had each other, that there was no need to go it alone anymore. That he had Yoongi and he would always be there, no matter what. They were in this together and that's how it'll always be. Would he remember what he wanted to do when he stepped up to the front door? Most likely not. Would he wing it and hope Jimin liked short dialogue and would forgive him quickly? Yes, yes he would. It was all up to Yoongi's winging it skills and Jimin's ability to forgive now.

He stepped up on to Jimin's porch and set the two items down on an outdoor table that the blond had purchased a while back. Yoongi took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It took a bit of time, but the sound of the younger's door being unlocked broke the sounds of the morning environment. The door opened to reveal a tired looking Jimin in sweatpants and a light red t-shirt with reddish puffy cheeks and tear streaks to match. Yoongi's face lit up with concern and worry while Jimin stared at him with something that looked slightly like surprise.

"Jimin, my gosh." Yoongi's hands acted before his brain could tell him not to and cupped the younger's face, rubbing the tears away. As Jimin continued to look weirdly up at him, Yoongi realized what he was doing and retracted his hands. He grabbed the bouquet off the table and held them out towards the younger. "I wanted to say I'm sorry and that I hope you'll forgive me."

"Why are you apologizing to me? Shouldn't it be the other way around?" Jimin said, taking the flowers and setting them inside with a confused expression.

"I was scared and took way longer than I needed to. I shouldn't have been up there in the first place. I should never have left your side. You needed me to be there and I disappeared. I'm really really sorry, Jim."

"I'm sorry too, I should've told you. This never would have happened if I had. I was too afraid and I was an idiot-"

Yoongi broke him off, "If I've learned anything from this, it's that it's alright to be scared, and you are most definitely not an idiot, fear makes us all do things that we don't mean." Yoongi pulled Jimin into a hug, which at first the younger was tense about but warmed up to it. "I just want you to know that you can always count on me to support you. That you don't have to bare the weight of your problems all on your own anymore. I'll always be here and I'll always love you." Yoongi nuzzled his head into Jimin's hair and smiled as he could feel the younger's red and warm face from there.

"Thank you, Yoongi." Jimin said as they separated from the hug. "What's that?" Jimin said pointing at the small box on the table.

"Oh, thank you for reminding me, Jim." Yoongi said, grabbing the gift and handing it over to the younger.

Jimin pulled the bow off and tried his hardest not to tear the paper. For the memories and the pretty-ness, he had told Yoongi. A black box with a jewelry company logo and name was revealed once the paper came off. Jimin looked wide eyed at Yoongi. Yoongi just smiled. Jimin removed the lid and his eyes lit up at the small, flower shaped, gem embedded necklace.

"So you can always think of me." Yoongi smiled.

Jimin's smile got wider, "I love it! Thank you so much."

"It comes with a second surprise too." Yoongi said, gesturing at the box which had been abandoned on the ground.

Jimin bent down and picked it up before discovering a folded slip of paper tucked neatly on the edge of the box. Jimin looked up at Yoongi with a mischievous grin and unfolded the slip before giggling a bit. "Of course I'll be your boyfriend."

Yoongi smiled and Jimin pressed a long kiss to the older's lips while holding him tightly.

"You were supposed to let me ask." Jimin grumbled as he rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder.

"Why's that?"

"Because I'm the most dominant out of the two of us."

Yoongi chuckled, "Now who told you that lie?"

"I don't think it's a lie, Flower." Jimin whispered almost seductively into the older's ear, making Yoongi almost double over. "See?" Jimin smirked.

"Alright, alright, you win."

"Thank you." Jimin smiled, "You know how much I love you?"

"How much?"

"More than you love your garden."

Yoongi laughed, "I love you too."

Word Count: 841