🍃30🍃

6/25/18

6/25/18

Namjoon gripped the steering wheel as he pulled into the garbage bin area on the side of the road only a short distance away from where he suspected the boy to be living. He opened the glove box and removed a pair of binoculars and aimed them up at the blue house. He had been thoroughly searching for this boy for the past few weeks. He was impressed with the boy's ability to cover his tracks as well as he had. He usually had no problem finding people, especially 22 year old males. However, he was only 95% sure that the blond boy he'd been assigned to finding was actually inside the bungalow in the middle of nowhere.

Namjoon groaned as a reddish black haired male ran out the front door and hid by the side of the house. Namjoon reached for his car key to start the engine until he saw the door reopen seconds later and the blond boy he had been searching for stepped out with a dripping yellowy blob and began looking for the boy that had previously stepped out. Namjoon's cocky grin that usually formed once he found his mark was not on his face this time around. His mark came with a new complication. One he knew that S hadn't been expecting. Even he hadn't expected it and S had deemed him the brains of the operation. S was going to be furious.

Namjoon put the binoculars back in the glove box and grabbed his cellphone before quickly dialing S's number.

“Yo, Joon. You find him?”

“Yeah, Kook. The boss around?”

“Mhm. I'll go grab him.”

A few seconds pass as Namjoon nervously awaits S's voice on the line. You didn't want to be the guy that gave S bad news.

“Namjoon-ah.”

“S-”

“Did you find Jimin?”

“Y-Yes sir.”

“Is he alright? Did he look sick or injured?”

“No, sir. I don't think so, sir.”

“Were there any complications? Did he see you?”

“He didn't see me, sir.”

“So, there were complications.”

“I, uh-”

“Tell me, Namjoon-ah.”

“There was a guy with him while I was there.”

“A guy?”

“Yes, sir. He looked around Jimin's age maybe a bit older.”

The line sat quietly for a moment.

“Thank you, Namjoon-ah. You can return home now.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Oh and Namjoon-ah, start planning.”

“Yes, sir.”

The line clicked and Namjoon sank into his seat. He groaned and rubbed his eyes. He had planned something similar to what he assumed S wanted just a week prior around another boy that turned out to be just a look a like, not Jimin. The plan not only hurt the mark, but a person close to the mark. Namjoon hated that it had been his brain that conceived such a plan. He hated that he had even put it before S. Namjoon rested his forehead against the steering wheel. He'd given it to S because he'd do anything for S. Even be a part of something that was against every moral in his body.

Namjoon started the car before S could call or text him to hurry up and get back to Seoul. Namjoon pulled out of the dump area and onto the road. He took one last glance up Jimin's house and eyed it apologetically before putting his eyes back on the road.

Word Count: 563