🍃38🍃

7/5/18

7/5/18

“Hyung! We have to go!” Jimin yelled up the stairs, where Yoongi was still getting ready.

Ever since Jimin had arrived, Yoongi had been in some sort of panic. He had been unsure of what to wear, where things were, what he was missing, and so forth. Jimin was unsure if they would ever actually leave.

Yoongi ran down the steps. Jimin's hopes were high until the ravenette turned away from the door. Jimin let out an exasperated sigh.

“Hyung, hurry up! We're going to be late!” Jimin rushed from Yoongi's doorway.

“Jimin, we'd only miss the previews.” Yoongi said, glaring at the younger as he ran about the house.

“But the previews are the best!”

“They are.” Yoongi mumbled.

“Then let's go.” Jimin grabbed Yoongi's arm and pulled him towards the door.

Yoongi broke free and turned back to the house, “W-Wait. I think I still have to do something.”

Jimin noticed for the first time in Yoongi's rushed daze the fear in the older's eyes. He was scared and Jimin hadn't noticed it. Jimin had to remind himself that Yoongi hadn't gone outside his house to largely populated areas such as the movie theater they were going to in years. Even if he had taken Yoongi to a cafe a week or two ago, it was far different from a movie theater on a Friday night.

“Hyung?”

“Yeah?”

“I'm going to be by your side the entire time, I promise. So let's not be afraid, yeah?”

Yoongi nodded and closed the drawer he'd been rifling through. He joined Jimin at the door and closed it. The younger led him down to his car where Yoongi got in the passenger side. Jimin started the car and backed out of the driveway.

“Is there anything specific you want to listen to?” Jimin said, offering the aux cord.

Yoongi shook his head and looked out the car window. The sun sat halfway under the horizon and shown up over the treetops beautifully. The sky was a pink mixed with orange and you could make out the small town Jimin was driving to just over the hill tops that they were nearing. Birds darted past and into the treetops. Small houses began to slide into view. Single family homes with common plants in the fronts along with small children's toys. The homes turned into tall business or shop type buildings. The first floors held businesses that were lit with string lights and colorful curtains with the name of the shop printed on them to entice customers to come inside. Jimin pulled into the movie theater parking lot. The movie theater looked straight out of the 60s and that appeared to also be about the range of the ages of the people going inside.

“What movie are we here to see?”

“It's a romance movie called Uncreative Romance Title. It's supposed to be really edgy.”

Yoongi nodded and followed Jimin to the ticket booth where he bought the movie tickets.

“Can we get popcorn?” Yoongi asked, fidgeting with his sleeves which formed little paws at the ends of his hands.

“Sure!” Jimin smiled.

Yoongi couldn't believe the amount of people that were in the movie theater. He could barely hear himself think. He latched on to Jimin's arm while he ordered and scanned the crowd, hoping he would see it decrease. Yoongi took deep breaths and reminded himself that Jimin swore that he's always be with him and tried to relax. It was just being surrounded by people. He'd done this before, he could do it again. Yoongi refocused on the theater attendant handing him the bucket of popcorn over the counter and gladly accepted it, adding a quick “thank you” before heading towards their theater. Yoongi adjusted his arm which was still wrapped around Jimin's. Just because he had calmed down didn't mean he was going to let go. The two entered the already darkened theater just as the previews started, earning a happy squeak from Jimin as they found seats near the middle. They were surprised to see that they were one of two couples in the theater despite there being so many people in the main area. Yoongi took the opportunity during the Coke commercial and wrapped his arms around around the younger's shoulders. Yoongi could see a slight pink color spreading across Jimin's cheeks and he smiled, mentally admitting that his cheeks were heating up, too.

An action movie preview started and Yoongi leaned over and whispered, “What movie are we watching again?”

“A romance.” Jimin responded.

Yoongi nodded.

A trailer for a romance movie started followed by it advertising that the DVD version was now on sale.

“Hyung.” Jimin whispered excitedly.

“Yeah?”

“Tae and Jungkook went to see that one. They said I would like it. I've been following it ever since.”

Yoongi pulled out his phone and took a glance at his notes. “This is going to be so cliche.”

“What is?”

“I have that movie at home.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, the grocery guy brought it one time. I'm not much of a romance person, to be honest, so I haven't watched it yet.”

Jimin hummed.

“Would you like to come over sometime and watch it with me?”

“Uh, yes!” Jimin said excitedly. “I don't know if I'll be able to focus on this movie now.”

“You better, I'm known for asking questions about the plot every few minutes.”

“Oh, great.” Jimin sighed.

Word Count: 909