🍃57🍃

8/3/18

8/3/18

Jimin sat slumped on his couch, a pile of used tissues next to him. He didn't want to admit that he'd sobbed his eyes out since he'd left Yoongi up on that hill, however, there was no hiding it. It tore him up inside just how much he missed the older. He wanted to run up there and hold him and tell him how sorry he was, but he couldn't. He had to give Yoongi space and wait until he came to him. It was the right thing to do.

As Jimin reached for a tissue, his hand staggered as a sharp knock ran out through the house. He quickly dove off the couch and towards the door. The locks flew open and Jimin turned the door handle.

"Oh." Jimin said disappointedly.

"Thank you for the charismatic greeting." Seokjin smiled.

"I really should sock you." Jimin narrowed his eyes as he spun around, not wanting to look at the older.

"I see that he's not with you." Seokjin said, choosing to ignore the previous statement and step into the house.

Jimin lowered his head, unwilling to show Seokjin he was on the verge of crying. Again. "You've got what you want. He's not here. Can you go now?"

"I would, but my gloating is better with an audience." Seokjin grinned mischievously. "Do you see how easy it was for him to leave you? If he can do it now, what's stopping him from doing it later? His head's too easy to fill with bad thoughts. That'll only end badly for you, Love. If you were with me, I'd have a steel plating that would reflect those kinds of things. I would never leave you alone, no matter-"

"It was you that put those thoughts in his head. You beat him into thinking these things. You made him need to stay away from me for a while. You made him feel like he was unsafe and made me feel worthless." Hate laced Jimin's words, "You've done anything but win me back, if anything you pushed me away. I don't love you anymore, Seokjin, let me go. Move on. There's a billion fish in the sea."

"It's easier said than done." Seokjin said.

"You think I don't know that? It took me ages to be able to want to love again."

"But you could have me and we wouldn't need to look for other fish."

"I don't want you, Jin. Nothing you say or do will ever get me to come back to you."

"But I could-"

"I don't care anymore. Do your worst. You've already hurt me, you tried to ruin Jungkook's relationship, and most of all, you hurt Yoongi and made him hate me. What else can you do?"

"You really love him, don't you?"

His voice cracked, "Very much so."

Seokjin's eyes narrowed upon hearing the words "Why? What's he have that I don't?"

Jimin let out a quiet laugh, "A heart."

"Ha ha, very funny. But really?"

"It's hard to explain. He just.. He has this personality that is indescribable. He's funny and is very passionate about what he enjoys. He may forget things every few minutes but I see that as a part of who he is, a feature that should be loved." Jimin's voice went from seething with anger, to something far more soft and kind when he spoke about the person he had fallen in love with. "His smile, his smile shows off his gums if he's truly smiling and he always insists on wearing those white long sleeved shirts like he owns nothing else. He just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside." Jimin smiled, a few tears sliding down his already slick cheeks. "You'll find someone that makes you feel that way, Seokjin. It may take awhile, but you will. You just have to look for love, even in odd places."

Seokjin looked down at the the floor, "I guess I'll have to." He cleared his throat and started towards the door. "I have to go. Bye, Jimin." Along with a barely audible "I'm sorry" while he closed the door.

Jimin let out a breath full of relief. That went better than expected, he supposed. He was sure that he was going to have to throw a few punches. However it only took him a few sentences to realise that he was speaking to a fellow heartbroken individual who had gone too long without guidance. Instead of offering him advice, his friends had offered him schemes and little to no morally right support. He could only imagine the mental battle Namjoon had been having. Namjoon had always been the goody two shoes that Seokjin needed. It had to be hard being stuck doing the things Seokjin had asked of him through this whole situation. Seokjin had really expected nothing more of Namjoon other than just planning. He hardly listened when Namjoon offered his opinion or told him something wasn't a good idea.

Maybe if Seokjin had just looked a little farther he would've seen the guy Namjoon had been trying so hard to be, the guy Seokjin would definitely fall for if he acknowledged him. Jimin hoped that this whole experience would open Seokjin's eyes to these things and make him see things in a different way. He would only know in the long run. Jimin leaned against his window sill that looked out at Yoongi's house. Right now, he was just in the mood for waiting for his own relationship. The one that he hoped would show up at his door soon, today maybe? However, if that didn't happen, he was sure the box of tissues right next to him would be comfort enough.

Word Count: 968