🍃52🍃

7/26/18

7/26/18

Yoongi twisted and turned in bed, too anxious or afraid to sleep. He'd been having horrendous nightmares about his past since the gang arrived. He hadn't told Jimin about them as he felt like he was a burden enough. After all, the younger wanted him to move in with him. He'd already been such a burden to Jimin before, what with purposefully digging his hands into glass shards and not speaking to him intentionally after he had let the boy into his home. No, he couldn't bother Jimin anymore. Yoongi huffed, in order to not be a bother, he needed sleep, even if the nightmare was an inevitable reoccurrence. Yoongi closed his eyes and got comfortable.

He hadn't even fallen asleep when the images from the dream hit him. Back in his high school days, he had been quite popular. He had a lot of friends despite being really quiet most of the time. However, he was only really close with four people: Irene, Minhyuk, Tzuyu and Sungwoon. They went to and did everything together. He and Sungwoon were especially close if you were to ask him. Sungwoon was shy and not very outgoing. He didn't like the spotlight shining on him. Unless it was Yoongi's. The two had formed a romantic relationship, though Sungwoon wanted it to be a secret, despite Yoongi wanting to shout about it from the highest mountain top. They never held hands or kissed or hugged or anything of the romantic sort in public. It was all behind closed doors, most preferably Sungwoon's as Yoongi's father didn't approve of gay relationships. Yoongi didn't mind keeping it a secret, even if he didn't want to, he just wanted Sungwoon to be happy and if keeping it a secret did so, so be it.

The group kept being themselves around each other, doing everything close friends did right up until the day of the big game. This game was what the coach said would determine who the quarterback of the team would be. His eyes had been focused on Yoongi all while he said it. Most of the team noticed it. The game came and Yoongi sat benched right up until they were sure their ultimate weapon would obliterate the other team, then they threw him out on the field. He caught the ball and started barreling towards the opponents side of the field. He dodged one of the other team's players only for him to grab Yoongi's foot, sending him to the ground and his helmet off his head. The next thing he knew, multiple sweaty bodies landed on top of him, continually hitting his head against the ground as they moved. The referees blew their whistles, his coach started shouting. The weight on his abdomen got lighter as the other team slowly got off of him. His coach asked if he was okay as he shakily got up. He nodded and his coach insisted he go with the paramedics, his father on the other hand insisted that he stay and finish the game, he would be alright.

Did he go to see a doctor after the game? No. Did he go to see a doctor the day after the game? No. Did he go to see a doctor a week after the game? No. It wasn't until two weeks and a hell of a lot of forgetting before his father finally drove him to the hospital. It was already far too late, the doctors said. It'll be permanent, they said. His memory will never function right again, they said. Yoongi just looked around his hospital room confusedly as the doctors spoke. His father left the place enraged, giving his son some money to get a taxi once he was released. His friends came to visit shortly after. Tzuyu joked around with Minhyuk, as usual. Irene acted like their mother, as usual. Sungwoon never said a word unless he had to, like usual. Yoongi should've just pretended to remember. They would've stayed if he had. However, he didn't. He asked those stupid questions. Minhyuk was the first to go. Said he didn't have the patience to deal with Yoongi's questions. Tzuyu went next, saying she had only stuck around for his looks. Irene thought maybe it all was a prank. That was until Yoongi threw in a question and she said she wanted someone to remember what good she did for them and then left. Sungwoon was the last. He stayed for maybe twenty minutes more. He appeared to be in deep consideration. What he was considering, Yoongi didn't want to know. Sungwoon wouldn't say he loved Yoongi back. Yoongi knew he was going to leave too. And so, he did. It broke Yoongi's heart.

He went home where his father handed him a set of keys and his things already packed and told him to get in the car. His father drove him to a house nearly half an hour, maybe more, outside of Daegu and left him without even a goodbye.

His hope remained in tact for the next three days. He remained hopeful that his friends would show up at his door and come inside and joke and mess around. That they'd help him unpack and he'd help with their homework. However it didn't happen. It never did. That hope went dry in less than three days.

About two years later, Yoongi received a letter. A letter from Sungwoon. Sungwoon told him that the group remained intact despite his absence, just like Yoongi had wanted. Tzuyu and Minhyuk started dating and he had found someone that he went public with, how he had hoped that Yoongi had found someone too. He said that no one knew where Yoongi was. He had just given the letter to the grocery guy, who had claimed to be the only person who knew Yoongi's whereabouts, and hoped it would reach him. He hoped that the memory issue had been sorted and that he could remember clearly now. Sungwoon wished Yoongi the best and the letter ended. Yoongi could remember the resentment he felt. How he had crushed the letter into a ball after reading it and threw it at the wall. That was ultimately the last time Yoongi thought about his friends until Jimin arrived. Now all that Yoongi felt when he thought about them was sadness. Sadness that they had moved on so easily, never wondering once where in the hell he might be. Sadness that all the time they had spent together meant so little to them that they could just brush him aside. It all just hurt so much.

Yoongi didn't realize he was crying until he heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Y-Yeah?" He said, slowly sitting up.

"Are you okay?" A tired looking Jimin asked as he came in the room.

Yoongi knew the strain that Jimin was putting on his tired muscles that had helped him move his things to Jimin's house and suddenly realized he was a burden yet again, "Yeah, I'm okay. You should be in bed."

"Not when you're crying." Jimin said as he sat down on the bed, "What's the matter? Is it the house again?"

Yoongi shook his head a laid back down, his back to Jimin.

"Please Yoongi. I want to know what's wrong." Jimin pleaded.

"I-I don't want to b-be more of a burden then I already am." Yoongi weakly mumbled.

Jimin laid and wrapped an arm over Yoongi's side, "You aren't a burden, Flower. Please tell me what's going on."

Yoongi blushed from the nickname, "I-I've been having nightmares about my old friends. Wh-When they left me and all."

"When did they start?"

"Since the gang came to my house."

"You should've told me, Flower. I would've helped as much as I could."

Yoongi rolled over and pressed himself into Jimin's chest.

"Is there anything I can do to help you now?"

"Ca-Can you stay here? For tonight?" Yoongi asked.

"I'd love to."

The two snuggled closer and Jimin got under the blanket. As they slowly started drifting off, Yoongi mumbled, "Hey, Jim?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you." Yoongi slid off into sleep leaving a wide eyed Jimin awake.

He pulled Yoongi closer and pecked his forehead before saying, "I love you too, hyung."

Word Count: 1390