🍃47🍃

7/19/18

7/19/18

Yoongi woke up surrounded by someone's arms. He looked up a little to see Jimin's still sleeping face and stared at it questioningly. Why was he here? Why was he hugging him? Yoongi slowly slid out of the younger's warm grasp and towards the stairs. What had happened the previous night? Why had Jimin wound up here comforting him? He could only assume that was why they were on the floor and Yoongi looked like a mess. Hadn't Jimin made it very clear that he didn't want to be around Yoongi? Weak. Yoongi was weak. He hadn't been able to listen to and respect what Jimin wanted and had made him come and comfort him while he cried. So weak. Yoongi took one step down the stairs, took one glance at his home and the previous night flooded back to him.

Yoongi was finishing up his evening plant check up routine when a knock was heard at his door. Yoongi was at first confused, it was past twelve in the morning but went against his better judgement and opened the door. The door opened and was flung back by several, Yoongi thought he could see about four, men in dark clothes and masks with bats.

“Man, you really are a hoarder. Thought Namjoon was screwing with me for a second.” One of the men commented as he scanned the house.

“What do you want? I'll call the cops!” Yoongi shouted.

“You won't be calling anyone, lover boy.” The man stepped into the threshold, his bat trailing slightly behind. “What do we want?” The man raised his bat. “We want to break you.” And the man swung.

The first hit struck the photo of Yoongi and his mother. The glass shattered and the frame splintered. The picture lost balance and collapsed to the floor. The second it hit the floor, everything went quiet to Yoongi's ears. The other men behind the main one joined him in the house and begun swinging their bats too. Yoongi could remember pleading with them, grasping at their arms, trying to stop them only to be thrown back to the floor. Yoongi couldn't hear his cries and sobs, but he knew he was making them. He couldn't hear them laughing and talking with each other while they worked, but he knew they were. He couldn't hear the bats’ impact with his precious memories, but he knew it was soul shattering.

Yoongi knew there was nothing he could do. These men were far too strong for his small physique to be able to combat with. He couldn't watch them anymore so he dashed up the stairs and into his room. He sank into the corner and made himself small while listening to the men downstairs. Then it all went quiet. It just stopped. Yoongi didn't dare move. Scared that they were still there waiting for him. Then Jimin came.

Yoongi descended the rest of the stairs. He hadn't seen the full wreckage. He was stunned. His eyes filled with tears until they were cascading down his cheeks. His first few steps were filled with painful crunches and sobs following each one. He couldn't handle hearing the sound of his memories being crushed with every step he took. It was just destroying it further. Yoongi sank to his knees and using his bare hands began to dig through the glass shards and splinters. He knew it was stupid diving right into pain like he was, but he still had hope that there was something salvageable lying amidst all this rubble. He didn't care how many times he felt something warm run down his hands or if his fingers felt like they had toothpicks jabbed in them, there had to be something salvageable. Everything he ever wanted to remember was lying in front of him. His mother's last real photo with him. His gift from the young girl that admired his plants next door. The last thing he ever purchased with his highschool friends. His father's last heartfelt birthday gift for him. His handmade football award from his teammates that he'd received in the hospital. Jimin and Yoongi's meeting. Yoongi's eyes overflowed with tears as his hands scraped up the shards of his treasured objects. The dust sifted through his fingers and back to the floor while the pieces either stuck in his hands or were tossed back into a forming pile. Yoongi ignored the red that was spreading about his hands and dotting the wreckage. It wouldn't get any better till he found what he was looking for. There had to be something salvageable. There had to be something salvageable. There had to be something salvageable. There had to be-

Someone's hand grabbed Yoongi's arm, trying to pull it away from the wreckage. “Yoongi, please. The only thing you're achieving is hurting yourself. Please, stop.” Jimin pleaded.

Yoongi cried as he finally moved his hands out of the rubble pile, “Th-there has to be something in th-there! They co-couldn't have gotten it all. I have to ke-keep digging!”

“Yoongi, you'll just get hurt more. We'll get this all cleaned up, then you can look.”

Yoongi cried louder. “Th-there has to be something.”

“I agree, but we'll have to discover that later.” Jimin grabbed Yoongi's arm as he saw it snaking back towards the rubble. “I think you should stay at my house until it is cleaned up.”

“B-But-”

“No buts, you'll wind up really hurting yourself if you stay here by yourself any longer.”

Yoongi looked down at his bleeding hand and nodded, “You're ri-right.”

“So, first aid kit?”

Word Count: 941