🍃34🍃

6/28/18

6/28/18

Jimin grabbed his green plastic watering can from it’s usual spot by the back door and stepped out into the sunshine. He was greeted by a very focused Yoongi leaning into the younger’s shrubs.

“Hey, Hyung.” Jimin said, breaking Yoongi’s focus.

“Hey, Jim.” Yoongi continued poking at the bushes.

“What are you up to down here with my bushes?”

“I’m pruning them. Your bushes have a lot of dying limbs. I thought I might remove them for you.”

“That’s really nice of you. I’ve been meaning to get you down here to look at them.”

“Yeah, I’m glad you were considering having me look. They are not healthy whatsoever.”

“How so?”

“Well, just look at the color.”

Yoongi had a point. The leaves color made it appear that the plant was on the verge of death along with all the dead limbs just made the bushes look sick.

“Aish, I can’t take care of plants.” Jimin muttered.

“It just takes water, sun, time, and plenty of TLC as you told me.” Yoongi responded.

“I’ll leave the gardening to you.”

Yoongi laughed, “Alright.”

Jimin watched as Yoongi worked. His slender fingers moving about the bush, occasionally taking hold of dead limbs and cutting them clean off with a small pair of pruning shears.

“You know,” Yoongi's focus was cut yet again, “for having a green thumb, you barely talk about plants with me.”

“Well, I didn't know you wanted to know about them.”

“Of course I do!” Jimin quietly mumbled a quick, “I wanna learn more about what you love.” which fortunately Yoongi did not hear.

Yoongi stood up and brushed his knees off, “How would you like to come up to my house and meet my garden?”

“I would love to.” Jimin said, abandoning his watering can.

Yoongi led Jimin up to his garden area and smiled as Jimin stared in awe at the massive garden Yoongi had built up. A small greenhouse sat near the far corner of the backyard with multiple square planters scattered about filled to the brim with brightly colored flowers, bushes, vines and trees. Jimin had been here once before but the entire place was shielded by pelting rain and his main focus was on a shivering, lost Yoongi.

“What do you think?” Yoongi grinned.

“It's beautiful.” Jimin said as he looked a small tree up and down.

“I'll start with this one.” Yoongi said, pointing at a tall, flowered plant. “This is a Salvia sclarea or Clary Sage. She's about three and a half feet tall with a little less than a foot long leaf, meaning she's there about full grown. She's easily recognized because of her thin, cone shaped flowers, see?” Yoongi held the purply flower delicately between his fingers for Jimin to see.

Jimin nodded. “What's that one?” He pointed gingerly at a small plant with blooms that looked like flames.

“Oh! That's a Celosia plant. She's pretty easy to identify because of the shape of her flowers. As you can see, they look like flames. I've had her for ages, she has to be fully grown by now.”

Yoongi stepped over to the bed directly next to the one they'd just been looking at, “I'm pretty sure you can guess what these are.” He said, pointing at a purple bloomed plant.

“Those are Petunias, right? Taehyung grows them in his apartment.”

Yoongi nodded, “The grocery guy just brought this one in. She was on the verge of death when I first had her. Her flowers were wilting and she looked overwatered. She somehow managed to pull through though. I'm really proud of that.”

Jimin stood on the other side of the bed. “Isn't Nightshade illegal?”

Solanaceae? Unless you slip it into someone's drink, it's not.”

Jimin hummed, “My Mom always told me to stay away from it.” S had a nightshade plant in their shared apartment when they were together. It was the only plant they ever had in the place. If he remembered correctly, S always removed the poisonous bits and took them some place. It sent a shiver down Jimin's spine. He should've listened to his mother, that plant was an omen.

“Well, that's good advice for the most part. I just have this one because she's a beauty when she blooms.”

Jimin nodded and followed Yoongi over to the beds against the back side of his house.

“These are Calendula officinalis. Marigolds, I believe. They're used for medical purposes mostly. That and they have simplistic but beautiful looks. They don't live long so I'm trying to make him feel comfortable and happy in this lifetime. He's at about forty, forty-five centimeters tall, so he's halfway grown. Gosh, I've had a lot of fun growing him. It's going to be sad when I have to start all over.”

“I bet so. You've worked so hard with this one. It'll be like finishing a game that took you ages only to have it all reset.”

“Exactly.” Yoongi readjusted, “This one over here is-” A ringing sound came from inside Yoongi's house averting his attention from the plant. “That's most likely my Dad. I'm going to have to cut this short, really sorry Jim.”

“It's no problem. I'll see you soon, right?”

“Yeah.” Yoongi started for his steps.

“Hey, Hyung!” Jimin shouted.
Yoongi turned around.

“Sleepover, next weekend.”

Yoongi grinned, “Mine or yours?”

“Yours?”

“Sounds good.”

“Great.” Jimin waved, “Bye for now, Hyung!”

“Bye!” Yoongi waved back before entering his house.

Jimin excitedly punched the air. Next weekend couldn't come any slower.

Word Count: 925