The Man in the Yellow Suit Part Two

I sat in front of the window and my dad smiled but it frowned whenever he saw my appearance "What's wrong? Is Barry okay?" He asked and I frowned "Your son is fine.... Why didn't you tell me I was adopted?" I asked him and he sighed "Me and your mother were gonna tell you whenever you turned 18 but... yeah you were adopted." "Do you know my parents?" I asked and he shook his head. "I found you out in the alley next to my Office and you were alone, only you with a necklace and a note that said to keep you safe and had your name. I mean, I hid the necklace. I was gonna give you it when you turned 16 but when I went to get it was gone. Nobody claimed you so... We kept you as our own. We only told close friends and family." my dad told me and I nodded "So what about my birth certificate?" I asked and he smiled "I was a doctor, I forged one." He said and I nodded and started to get dizzy. "Mia, you okay?" My dad asked and I nodded "Yeah, I'm fine." I said and Barry came in as I stood up to leave. "Mia, why are you here? You are suppose to be resting" Barry said and I sighed "Barry, I'm fine." I said but I stumbled over my feet and Barry caught me "Barry, I don't feel so good" I cried in pain and I fell to the floor. " Mia? Mia! Someone help my daughter!" I heard my dad yell and I looked at Barry and heaved "I can't breathe" I said and I blacked out.

Barry POV

Mia fell to the floor and we yelled for help and the security guards came in to help. I called Joe telling him what happed and we took Mia to the hospital.

3rd person POV (One month after the Particle Accelerator blew)

Mia Allen sits in the therapist office staring into space as the therapist, Catherine, takes notes and sighs. "Have you had any episodes since the that day?" She asks and I shrugged "No... um well one time, uh I just felt so overwhelmed." "About?" She asked and I sighed "Uh I just felt broken. I haven't been sleeping well. I died and came back to life, nobody told me it was going to be hard. Every time I close my eyes, I'm afraid I'll go to that dark place. I don't feel like myself, I feel different. I feel like when I wake up from this dream, I won't be myself." I told Catherine and she wrote it all down in her notes and I frowned.

"When I crashed my car in the lake, I felt utterly weak, like I needed someone to come and rescue me

"When I crashed my car in the lake, I felt utterly weak, like I needed someone to come and rescue me. It's like I'm drowning over and over again, It's like I'm drowning in my own thoughts and I can't come up for air." I said as my voice started to get shaky. "You know when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before you black out." "Yeah, It's called voluntary Apnea. It's like no matter how much you're freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding. But then when you finally do let it in, that's when it stops hurting. It's not scary anymore. It's actually kind of peaceful." I answered her and she smiled.

"Did you feel at peace before you?" "Before I died, I guess. I don't know. I was conscious for a few minutes, I was in and out." I told her and she nodded. "I have this crushing fear that something terrible is about to happen. Like the time when my mother died." "I have it listed in your files. What your talking about is, It's called hyper-vigilance, the persistent feeling of being under threat." Catherine told me and I frowned. "But it's not just a feeling, though. It's like it's a panic attack. You know, like I can't even breathe." "Like you're drowning?" she said and I nodded "So if you're drowning, and you're trying to keep your mouth closed until that very last moment, what if you choose to not open your mouth? To not let the water in? But if you hold off until that reflex kicks in, you have more time, right?" Catherine asked and I shrugged "Not much time." "But more time to fight your way to the surface?" She asked and I sighed "I guess." "More time to be rescued?"--- "More time to be in agonizing pain. And did you forget about the part where you feel like your head's exploding?" I said and she nodded. "If it's about survival, isn't a little agony worth it?" she asked and I frowned "And what if it just gets worse? What if it's agony now, and then, Then it's just hell later on? I keep seeing my mother everywhere." I asked and she smiled "you were a kid, the mind can trick you so, think about something Winston Churchill once said, lf you're going through hell, keep going" Catherine said and I just looked at the ground and thought about it.