Fast Lane

I sat next to Wally as we ate pizza for dinner and talked "I didn't think about how many crazy things police see." Wally said and I smiled "And can't unsee." "You always wanted to be a cop?" Wally asked Joe and he nodded. "Yeah, my dad was one. He was my hero, so I never thought of being anything else. What about you?" Joe asked and Wally sighed "No, I wanted to be an astronaut." "Wait, that's what Barry wanted to be." I told him and we all chuckled. "Really? Probably not for the same reasons. Going to space is like the fastest a human being can go, so it was either an astronaut or, like, have you heard of scramjets?" Wally said and I nodded but Joe shook his head "Okay, they're like supersonic on oxygen, dude. It's nuts." "You're right. Not the same reason as Barry." Joe said and I smirked then took a sip of my water. "You are really all about the speed, huh?" Iris said and I cleared my throat "Yeah, I mean, it's what I love." "Is that why you're still drag racing?" Iris told him and I kicked her foot. "You are, aren't you? Isn't that a little dangerous?" "Yeah, for the people that race against me. Sure is." Wally said and I frowned "Look, thanks for the hang, but I got to go." "It's early. Don't leave yet." Joe said and Wally stood up "Yeah, Joe's right." I told him and he sighed. "No, I got some stuff to do. I'll see you later. Bye Mia." Wally said and I smiled as I closed the door behind him. "Why'd you do that?" ""Thanks for the hang?" Is he your son or age-inappropriate buddy?" Iris asked and Joe sighed "Look, I know the dynamic is weird. I'm just trying to figure it out." Joe said and Iris frowned "From my perspective, it seems like you're ignoring something that could, oh, I don't know, get Wally killed." "She's got a point Joe." I muttered and he sighed. "The fact that Wally even wants to get to know me is the big win here, so in the future could you try not chasing him out of the house?" Joe said picking up the dishes and I just looked at the ground "Look, Dad, I'll play along if that's what you want, but which you exactly are you trying to let him get to know? Because the person that I saw tonight, I don't recognize that dad." Iris said and she walked into the kitchen "Uh I should uh get to the apartment, I'll see you later." I told Joe and went to my car. I was ready to leave but Iris stopped me "I need a favor." she said and I frowned and looked at what she was wearing "What are you wearing?" I questioned and she sighed and told me where to go.

I followed Iris and I looked at all the cars and I gasped "Is that a 1970 Chevrolet El Comino?" I asked and Wally frowned "What the hell are you two doing here aside from trying to send me to therapy?" he asked and I straightened up and cleared my...

I followed Iris and I looked at all the cars and I gasped "Is that a 1970 Chevrolet El Comino?" I asked and Wally frowned "What the hell are you two doing here aside from trying to send me to therapy?" he asked and I straightened up and cleared my throat. "I told you, I did some research. I thought it would be a good idea for a story for the paper, plus I thought this would be a great way for us to really get to know each other." Iris said and I rolled my eyes "I mean, I want to know what's so great about this that you can't let go, bro." Iris added and hit his arm playfully. "No one here is eager to get their picture in the paper, you got me?" Wally said and I frowned "And which part of the paper? The front where they put the mugshots or in the back in the obituary section?" I asked and he rolled his eyes "Yo, why don't you just take a page out of your dad's book. Let me do what I'm gonna do, okay? I don't need two big sisters." Wally said and I scoffed "I know, you're gonna need an undertaker." Iris told him. "Last race of the night, people. Our reigning champ: Tail Lights." A man yelled and everyone cheered and applause which I frowned "Oh. What? No good luck?" Wally asked looking at us and I rolled my eyes "You know I've always wanted a little brother, now I'm kind of regretting saying anything." I told her and she sighed then took a few pictures of the guy who announced Wally "Iris, what are you trying to do?" "Nothing, C'mon lets go." she said and I took her home.