Fast enough

Barry's POV

I had no choice but to put Mia in the containment cells but not anywhere close to Thawne. I finally got up the nerve to talk to Thawne so I can ask him how to save my sister but all I did was just stare at him. "What? No Big Belly Burger? It's one of the few perks of living in this time. We're out of cows where I come from. You don't care about that.
You have questions. Go ahead." Thawne said and I frowned "Not sure where to start Thawne. That is your real name Eobard Thawne." "Since the day I was born." He said and smiled. "And when was that?" "That's not what you want to know. Go ahead, Barry. Ask it." He said and I sighed "What did you do to Mia? Why did you kill my mother?" "Because I hate you. Not you now. You years from now. And Mia, Mia will stay like that until I get what I want. I control her." Thawne said and I glared at him. "We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another." He added and I frowned "Why? Wh-why were we enemies?" "It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. In her coma, Mia would not age, she stays the same in the future until I wake her up.
She is mine, she's my future, she's my life. Future Flash, didn't like that. So I learned your secret. I learned your name. Barry Allen, Mia's adopted over-protective brother." Thawne said and I was confused. "And finally, I knew how to defeat you once and for all so I could have Mia all to myself. I travel back in time, kill you as a child. Wipe you from the face of the earth. But then you, future you, that is, followed me back, and we fought. We both landed some pretty solid shots. And then you, future you, got your younger self out of there. I was so mad. But then I thought what if you were to suffer a tragedy? What if you were to suffer something so horrible, so traumatic that your child self could never recover? Then you would not become The Flash. And so I stabbed your mother in the heart, and I was free. Finally able to return to a future without The Flash, only to realize that in traveling back I'd lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And without it, I was stuck here. Stranded in this time, unable to return to my own. And the only way back was The Flash. But The Flash was gone, and so I created him. And in doing that I created Silver who needed to be the Huntress and to be kept in her coma." Thawne explained and I shook my head. "Why train me? Why help me save so many people?" I asked and he smirked. "Because I needed you to get fast. Fast enough to rupture the space-time barrier and create a stable wormhole through which I could return home." "Why would I ever do that?" I asked and he sighed "Because Barry Allen, if you give me what I want, I'm gonna give you what you want. You can go back and save your mother. You can prevent your father from going to prison. You can reunite the Allen family." Thawne said and I frowned "No. No, I don't believe you, not without Mia in the picture. I want to kill you right now." I said with anger and he smiled "I know that rage. I used to feel that rage every time I looked upon you. Every time I see Mia with Ben. And now, somehow, I know what Joe and Henry feel when they look on you with pride. With love." Thawne said and I banged my fist at the cell door "No. No. Don't you ever say that to me!" I yelled and he sighed. "I know you're upset, but I'm giving you a chance. I'm giving you a chance to undo all the evil I've done. Don't you want that chance?" Thawne asked and I shook my head and closed the containment door.

Millie's POV

I looked at Ben when he overheard Thawne talking about Mia "The rare opportunity to go back in time and right a wrong and save your mother's life quite the paradox Harrison has presented you with, Mr. Allen." "The chance to be with someone you love? Seems pretty cut and dry to me." Caitlin said looking at Ronnie and smiled. "At first blush, Dr.
Snow, it would appear so, but this gift has unparalleled risk. Barry, the night your mother died, the night you saved yourself from being killed, that event altered the timeline you were already on and changed the course of history." Professor Stein said and Cisco frowned "So what you're saying is we're living in a parallel universe?" "Just like when I time traveled before." Barry said and I frowned "But he he only changed one day that time." I said and Professor Stein sighed "Exactly. Now imagine 15 years of compounded experiences. One different decision, no matter how big or small, impacts everything that follows. Moments upon moments, choices upon choices. No relationships, nothing would be as it is today, and you'd never know the difference because you'd never remember any of it." "So if I go back and save my mom, my dad doesn't go to prison. Me and Mia never live with Joe and Iris." Barry said and Cisco frowned "You might never meet me. Or Caitlin or Ronnie." "I'd never come to Central City and meet Mia without Oliver meeting you." I said and Professor Stein sighed "Truth is, there's no real way of knowing what your life will be." "There's no choice here, Barry. You have to do this. You gotta change the past." Joe said and I looked to the ground.