The fury of Firestorm

Mia's POV

I walked into S.T.A.R Labs and I saw Professor Stein flare up and my eyes widened "Oh my god what is happening to him?" I asked and I helped them try to hold Professor Stein down so Cisco could get the stabilizer on to him. "He's getting worse." "Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Doctor Wells's original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source. Best I could find was the one from his wheelchair." Cisco said and I sighed "And how long will that last?" I asked and he sighed.

"Well, that's the problem, is we had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the metas' powers during our little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company when you were controlled my wells

"Well, that's the problem, is we had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the metas' powers during our little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company when you were controlled my wells. I think we got a few days tops." Cisco said and Barry sighed "And he's stuck in bed?" "Yeah, when he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this, give him a power cane, get him moving." Cisco told us and Barry looked at me.

"Hey, Mia. I wanted to see how you were doing." Barry said which made me roll my eyes "Barry, you or Ben don't have be to worry about me. I am fine, yes my mom died but she told me in the letter she left for me to not blame myself. I'll be okay." I told him and looked at Professor Stein. "We gotta figure out a way to save him." "I think I might know how to do that. When the Particle Accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular processes that occurs within his body. Those highly reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize." Caitlin said showing us what would happen to Stein. "And that's where Ronnie came in." Cisco said and I frowned.

"Yes, and now that Ronnie is no longer a part of Professor Stein--"

"Those molecules don't have anything to bond to." Barry said and Caitlin nodded.

"And the longer he goes without merging, the more unstable he becomes." "All right, so, what do we do?" I asked and Caitlin turned to me "We find another participant." "Okay, cool, so, how do we do that? Are we just gonna make a Tinder app for potential meta-humans? 'Cause I'm pretty sure merging with Stein and randomly bursting into flames sounds like the biggest "swipe left" of all time." Cisco said and I scoffed. "I mean, even if we could find someone willing, Stein can't just merge with whoever he wants." "No he can't, but I have done some research, and found two potential candidates that might be compatible with him. They both were affected by the dark matter, and they were both admitted to the hospital showing symptoms of gene rearrangement mutation." Caitlin said and she showed us two people, one who I knew in high school.

"And they both share the same blood type as Professor Stein and Ronnie."

"All right. I mean, this is more than organ donation. We'll need more than tissue typing to see if their bodies are compatible." Barry said and I nodded.