The Man who saved Central City

It's been six months since the singularity and after that day I shut everyone out, Millie went back to Starling City, Ben and I postponed us getting married and he went back to visit his mother in midway city. I made my way to class and soon I saw Cisco walking next to me "What are you doing here?" I asked as I stopped at a coffee cart for a latte. "What a guy can't surprise his best friend at school." He said and I rolled my eyes "Not if that guy is you and that you're here to ask me about that stupid event to receive an award that I don't deserve." "You two do deserved it. You and Barry saved the city. And when did you start drinking coffee?" Cisco asked and I sighed. "College is night and day, so I switched to caffeine. Barry saved Central City... I'm the one who killed Eddie and hurt my friends." I said and I went to class, once I sat down I remembered the day of the singularity.

Six months ago

"Ben, I have an Idea but your not gonna like it. You have to trust me." I said and he grabbed my wrist "Just come back to me." He said and I nodded and kissed his cheek. "Professor Stein, We have to merge the inner and outer event horizons." "How do we do that?" Caitlin asked and Stein sighed "By separating in the eye of it. The amount of energy from the fissure should do the trick. It's our only hope, Ronald." "I'll finish and contain it so it won't destroy the city." I said and Caitlin shook her head. "Ronnie, no! It's too dangerous. What if you can't escape the inrush?" "Cait, we have to try." Ronnie said and I transported into the singularity. I saw Barry and he frowned "Mia, what are you doing here?" He asked and I sighed "This is my mess and I need to clean it up!" I yelled and he shook his head. "Mia, Professor. No!" Barry yelled and Professor and Ronnie both flew up inside th e singularity.

The next thing I knew I contained the blast from Ronnie and Professor Stein then I was on the ground next to Barry and Ronnie was gone.

Present Day

I sighed and went back to taking notes then leaving for my next class.

Joe's POV

"Flash and Silver Day is almost here. A special downtown rally to honor the man and woman who saved Central City.
It's been six months since the Flash and the Silver Streak saved Central City from the freak black hole that erupted in the sky." The broadcaster said and I sighed "Joe, where are we at with the murder at the nuclear plant?" Captain Singh asked and I sighed "Barry's still analyzing the evidence, but there was definitely something weird." "Yeah, which is why I let you have that Anti-Meta-Human Task Force. Speaking of which, where's your scientific advisor?" Captain said and Cisco came in with a bunch of parts. "Ho, ho, ho! Fear the beard!... It's a very distinguished look Sir." Cisco said and I smirked "What is all this, Mr. Ramon?" "Oh, this right here? This is a little something I'm working on. I'm cooking it up for Joe and the task force to take down meta-humans. I'm think I'm going to call it The Boot. Oh, here are the receipts." Cisco smiled and gave him a piece of paper and David frowned then looked at me. "Oh, um, Captain, one more thing." "You are not getting a badge, Mr. Ramon." He yelled and I chuckled. "He's really stingy with those badges, isn't he?" "Yeah, cops are funny that way." I told him and he sighed "So you really think you can get this to work? Don't have me caught out on the streets with my pants down." "Yes, once I finish the Boot, CCPD will totally have what it needs to take down a meta-human. Especially now that Barry has decided to go all Lone Wolf McQuade and fight crime by himself then Mia's been focused more in school, oh and get this she drinks coffee now." Cisco said and I rolled my eyes "I know, right? Have you spoken to him?" "Not really. Haven't even heard from Caitlin since she started work at Mercury Labs. Mia, I tried to talk to her but she shut me down." Cisco said and Iris came walking into the precinct. "Hey Cisco. Hi, Dad." "Hey, baby." I said as she kissed my cheek. "Hey, I was wondering if you'd talked to Barry and Mia about the rally." "We was just saying." I muttered and Cisco scoffed "I'm sorry, but, I can't believe they're gonna give the Flash the key to the city. Although technically, as members of Team Flash, we should all be getting keys." "Well, you know Barry.
The more we try to convince him to do something, the less he's gonna want to do it. Mia too." I told them and Iris sighed
"Yeah, but he should go. Someone should try and get through to him and Mia." "Maybe there best friends." I questioned and Cisco chuckled "Joe, believe me, I've tried." "I meant her and Ben." I said and he frowned. I decided to take Bella to Ben's mom and maybe talk to Ben about Mia