Chapter 2

After my nice cold shower I went down in sweatpants and wet hair.
" what's for dinner?"
My mom gave me and my sister a plate, " chicken with rice and a salad. Dig in!"

After we ate dinner, I went upstairs to go study.
I put on my shuffle, then I began.

While I was copying the problem down I was singing a fine toon, " you think you'll die with out him that's a lie your telling yourself-"

I heard my little sister laughing, " you think you sound like Camilla Cabello HAHA!"

I threw a pillow at her, " oh shut it! Shouldn't you be in bed?"

My mother came running into my room.
" Kendall do not throw stuff at your sister! And Serena don't make fun of your sister! Now let's got tuck you in!"

My mother and my sister left.

The next morning-
I got up, washed my face, braid my hair into French braids, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast.

When I came down my mom put a small bowl of fruit in my face.
" thanks my loving, beautiful mother, that I love so dearly."

She rolled her eyes, " what do you want Kendall?"
" so... you promised me for my birthday last January that I could go to the jingle ball concert with all of my favourite acts on January 3. This year."

Her mouthed dropped, " I didn't tell you. I have a work assignment in Vancouver, so you and Serena are staying with your dad for 3 weeks, and already said he does not want to go to the concert with you."

I was speech less, " why can't I just go by myself?"

She laughed like a mom, " those concerts can last up to 2 in the morning, no way."
" mom!"
I gave to go drop your sister off at school, don't be late for the bus. Love you! She took Serena and left.

I put my bowl in the sink and ran off to the bus stop.

When I got to school I heard someone calling for me.

" hey O'Brien! 24!" Number 24 is my lacrosse number.

I looked around and saw Jeremy calling my name.

He had dark brown, spiked hair.
I ran up to him.
" hey little Gilbert!" I gave him a friendly punch.
He laughed, " I'm only 2 months younger then you."
I messed up his hair, " that's what makes you little."
He fixed his hair, " are you going to Jingle ball?"
I rolled my eyes, " no. My mom and dad is not letting me go!"
He looked down and started to smile, " well say Hi to Shawn Mendes for me... oh wait you can't!"
I shook my head and started to push him away.
When he went to go jog away, he yelled, " good luck at your game today O'Brien!"
I yelled back, " you too Gilbert!"

I went to class.

Finally it was Spanish.
After 45 mins of sitting through Spanish the bell rang and I went to go get ready for my game.

Before I could run out Mrs MCcall stopped me, " I'm sorry Kendall but I over heard you and mr Gilbert speaking this morning about the Jingle ball, and I heard you couldn't go."
Oh no!
She added, " well was online this morning and Camilla Cabello is looking for one more backup dancer for her shows at jingle ball, so I contacted her manger and she was in the area and she's coming to the school as we speak."

I hugged her and thanked her for telling, but then I just remembered something, " she's coming right now? Oh no! Our lacrosse game starts in 15 minuets and I'm the captain!"

She smiled and said, " I'm already talked to coach she said it was fine."
I smiled and hugged her one last time before running as fast as I could to the gym!

When I was lacing up my gym shoes, I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw the beautiful, brown hair, talented Camilla Cabello standing right in front of me.

" hiii. Are you Kendall?" She asked.
I smiled as big as I could. I shook my head fast.
She walked closer to me. So I heard you want to try out for the last backup dancer spot. Show me what you got. Show me why you should earn that spot.

I laughed and started playing " Havana" on my phone.

I was tapping my foot on the ground to match up with the beats at the begin before the lyrics start.

Then I started sing, " Havana oh na na, half of my heart is in Havana, he took me back to east Atlantic..." I started dancing with 4 step count then 8, and finally ending on a 2 step count.

When I was done I a little out of breath.
Camila stood up and started clapping, " you are amazing! I would love if you could join me on tour this winter! However I don't want you just dancing I want you to sing with me!"

I was shocked at what she said, but I said yes.