chapter 11

we learned both of the dances, and all of the other artist had soundcheck except for Taylor. She was getting ready since he was the first act.

All the dancers had to put on outfits like the outfit Camila wore at the Austin City Limts Music Festival. All the girl had different Colors.

I had navy blue shirt with ripped black skinny jeans and black combat boots.

Rebecca had a dark red shirt with black skinny jeans and white and black combat boots.

Jessica had a white shirt with black leggins and black boots.

For Camila, she had her black and white Reputation Tour/NBTS tour outfit with her Black and sparkly boots with her big chuck heel.

For the boys they just had black tshirts, black and white pants with gym shoes.

The boys went to go check out soundcheck, when us, girl had our hair done.

Rebecca had her hair strighten, Jessica had a high ponytail, and then Camila and I had our hair curled. We were listening to Ariana Grande while getting ready.

Taylor swit was prforming and all the others artists were on the side lines watching her. Meanwhile Haliee and Nial were getting ready since they were next.

I went to go grabbed my water bottle from the waiting/ chilling room we can just relax in.

While I was trying to find it in the room I was singing Havana.

" Hav-ana-a-a. Havana, ooh na-na (ay)

Half of my heart is in Havana, ooh-na-na (ay, ay)
He took me back to East Atlanta, na-na-na
Oh, but my heart is in Havana (ay)
There's somethin' 'bout his manners (uh huh)
Havana, ooh na-na (uh)"

I grabbed my water bottle, and turned to go out the door.

Shawn had his jaw hanging down. he just stared at me.

" you are an amazing singer, Kendall!"

I was so embarrasssed. I hate when people see or watch me sing. I cant even sing infront of my parents... Shawn Mendes any less.

I just put my waterbottle to my lips and tried to smile.

He walked up to me, " Kendall your seriously amazing. The power in your voice when you just sang Havana was incredible!"

I went to go walked out, but Shawn stopped me, " was it something I said?" He asked.

I stuttered, "n-n-no Shawn. I-I just- just don't like singing infront of people." He looked  me in my eyes, He could see I was scared about tonight, and he could tell I needed someone anyone at this moment.

He took my hand, and guided me to the couch.

" Its okay to be a little bit nervous. Trust me When I went on my first tour with Fifth Harmony and Austin Mahone I was scared out of my mind. I missed my family and friends, Then when I went on tour with Taylor Swift I thought I was gonna die. Its okay to be nervous and scared. Nervous means you care."

I started tearning up.

He wiped the tears off of my face with his thumb.

I pushed him away, and stood up, " no Shawn you dont get it! I'm tough, I'm the caption of the Lacrosse team! Shawn you just don't get it.

He hugged me, I buried my face into his chest, " hey Kendall I'm going to tell you something someone told me a long time ago... when you cry it does not mean your weak, it means you have been strong for way to long."

I took in the words he said to me and he was right, I just did not want to leave this hug.

He hug me tighter, "if you want me to hug you all night I will, I just want to make sure you're okay."