YOU COMPLETE MEss

Today was the day my dad was coming home. My family woke up early, and started to clean the house and make it as cozy as possible for him. My mom even got all of his favorite foods.

"So what do you guys want to do tonight?" I ask Luke and Shawn.

"I'm leaving later tonight- before your dad is coming home. Ashton texted me." Luke says.

"Oh." I look over to Shawn.

" We are probably leaving tomorrow morning, since I image you probably want to spend time with your dad tonight." He says.

"We are leaving tomorrow?" I question him.

"yeah if -"

We heard my mom, "Shawn, will you come with me to pick up Kendall's dad's wheel chair. We need it for tonight."

Shawn looks at me, then at my mom, "Sure."

"Thank you! We will be back in 10 minutes." They walk out the door.

"You're not coming back with us are you?" Luke asks.

"No. No I'm not. As much as I love you, and Shawn and everybody else I have to be here with my dad, and I want to go college. You guys have jobs. I was just a groupie tagging along."

Luke hugs me, " We love you though. I don't know how the boys are going to handle your department. Especially Ashton. He likes you."

I laugh.

"Luke I have something serious to tell you..."

He looks at me.

"I like you. I have liked you from the beginning. Even when you spilled very hot coffee on me." We both laugh.

" I like you too. I was very upset when I found out you were dating Shawn. I wish there was something I could say to make you stay with us, but I know there is not."

We just blankly look at each other. We don't know what else to say.

" I want to give you something." He wrapped his hand around my and started to head for the stairs.

He pulled a shirt out from his bag.

I laugh. It was the black "YOU COMPLETE MEss shirt. He wore that the first day I met him.

"I want you to have it." He hands it to me.

I smile at the shirt before hugging him again, "Promise me, we will still be friends no matter how far away we are." 

"I promise." He says in my ear.

We break away from the hug.

" I'm going to get going now. I flight is in less than two hours. I'll miss you Kendall."

"I'll miss you too Lucas." I walk him out.

Not even five minutes late, Shawn comes back.

" Hey you're mom is going to the hospital since your dad is getting out soon."

I say nothing. Instead I grab his hand and lead him up stairs to my room.

When we get to my room, we both sit on my bed.

"Kendall what's wrong?"

" You need to leave tonight. I'm not coming with you, and I like Luke." I say all at once.

"What?" That's all he says.

"I can't go back to tour with you. I need to go back to school, and I need to be here with my dad. Thank you for everything. The best year of my life. All the adventurous. All of the laughs. Everyday that I spent with you was the best time ever."

His eyes were red, "If it was really the best time ever why like Luke? Wasn't I enough for you!" He jumps up, " First, Bradley and now Luke! Was I really that bad of a boyfriend?"

I stand up with him, "No. You could never be considered a bad boyfriend, you just weren't the one for me. Bradley, I liked because he showed me a wild side of myself and he was flirty. Luke, I like because he was shy, yet fun, but you, you were caring, sweet and protective. You and I are best friends. We have a brother and sister relationship. Bradley and I would have had a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship while Luke and I have a best friend relationship. It's different, its not like I loved one more than you. I love all you guys in different ways."

Shawn smiled, " I guess your right. Even though I love you, I rather have you as a sister than a girlfriend because that bond never dies."

I smiled back.

We just look at each other. our heads start to move closer and closer until he kisses me. His hands are cupping my face while mine are on his arm.

I push him back, and straddle him. He moves his hands to my waist. I'm about to take off his shirt when we heard something.

"Kendall! Come down here and help me please!"

Shawn and I both stop and jump off of the bed.

Shawn pulls his shirt down.

"A strict only brother and sister relationship starting now." I say.

"Yep. Yes. For sure." He runs his hands through his hair.

I run out of the room to go see what my mom wants.

When we get back from getting my dad I notice that Shawn left.

"Hey honey where is that nice boyfriend of yours?" My dad asks.

" He had to go, dad."

After family dinner and movie night I go to my room to get ready for bed, when I notice Shawn's guitar bag is leaning on my desk.

I tried calling him and I texted him that he left his favorite guitar here, but he didn't answer.

I place the guitar on my bed, and start to open it. 

On the guitar itself there was writing in black ink.

It read:

"Dear Kendall,

Thank you for being such a caring, sweet, fun, beautiful and trusting girlfriend. You were my first real relationship and there is nothing I would change about it. You helped me grow as a person, an artists and you taught me very important life lessons this past year, and I thank you for that. 

I glad we both decided that we have a better brother/ sister relationship than a boyfriend/ girlfriend one. I never want our amazing friendship to ever end. I plan on to keep talking to you, and ranting to you since you give the best advice :) You are very kind, and smart, and I know that you will do amazing in college. I left you my favorite guitar because I remember when I went to go sing to you for the first time I used this guitar. I will never forget you/ your amazing voice. 

I will love you always and forever Kenny/ American adorableness

Love, Shawn/ Canadian cuteness"

I felt a tear roll down my check while I smiled and held his guitar close to me.