Chapter 8

We drove there and it very awkward. Camila and Shawn were singing up in the front and I was just in the back.

When we got to the restaurant we all got out the car. Shawn held the door open while Camila was walking through it, when I went to go walk in, I held the door and told Shawn he could go.
" you can go." Shawn said.
" thanks but you can go." I said.
" come on Kendall, I got the door for you." He laughed.
When I went to go say he could go I looked behind me and there was a line, so I just ran inside.

Shawn came up, " a table for 3 please." The waitress smile and walked us to the table.

We all sat down, and I made sure I sat next to Camila on the opposite side of Shawn.

" so what do you guys want?" Shawn asked.
Camila smiled, " it's up to you guys."
I pushed the menu away, " I'm not really hungry."
Shawn looked me in the eyes, " Kendall it's my treat. Please eat with us."
I tried to smile.

A couple mins later our waitress came back and we order our pizza and our drinks.

Shawn took a sip of coke and looked at me, " so you are Camila's new backup dancer, do you like her music?"
I took a sip of my water, " yeah I love it actually. She was my favourite in 5H and now she's my favourite female artists."
Camila smiled.
Shawn asked another question, " who's your favourite male artists?"

I took a deep breath and looked at him, " you are Shawn. You music has meaning, that's why it's so good."

He was blushing.
We got our food and started eating. Camila continued the conversation,
" what's your favourite song from Shawn's and mine album?"

I looked at Shawn, " from illuminate, I love Bad reputation. Then from your self tilted album my favourites are, " where were you in the morning", " lost in Japan" and " perfectly wrong."
" And then Camila's my favourites are Havana, Into it and consequences."
He smiled, " I want to perform a song from you one of these days, and I wanna see you dance with Camila."

I smiled, " better get tickets to jingle ball then." I winked at him.

We left and when we got back to the hotels everyone was still hanging out but it was almost 8 o'clock.

Camila and I had to go to our room and Shawn was going to go find Niall.
" thank you so much Shawn for the wonderful dinner and we can't wait to see you perform tomorrow night." Camila said, he smiled, and then looked over to me.

I took Camila at the wrist, " we should go. Good night Shawn."
Then we ran to our room.

Camila and I took turns changing in the bathroom. She put on a grey onesie, and for me I just put on a long T-shirt and sweatpants.

Camila sat on her bed and I did the same.
" so how fun was that?" She asked.

I laughed, " super fun, you know just trying to avoid Shawn, and him asking questions about me like him... a usually Saturday night."

She threw a pillow at me.
" oh come on Kendall! Why don't you just talk to shawn like a normal person?"

I grabbed the pillow that she gave me, " Camila... if I even let him smile at me I will fall in love and to remind you I have a boy waiting for me at house, so I can't really fall in love with Shawn Mendes!"

She rolled her eyes, " it's not like every time he sees you, he wants to make out with you."
" yeah but when I get a crush, it's a hard falling crush, which is why I don't get them that often. I mean I don't think I have ever liked someone as much as I like Shawn, and it's not because of his good looks it's because of his positive and optimistic attitude and he's empathy for people."

Camila smiled.
Her phone started to ring, " it's my boyfriend." She answer it and walked to the other side of the room.

I just went on my phone.
After 45 mins of just sitting on my bed, doing nothing I heard a knock on the door.