Powerless

Emily went next.

She could communicate with nature and animals but since we weren't outside, she figured it wouldn't be a good time to demonstrate.

Margaret aloud all the vamps to stand in front of the class together. She knew they were able to jump high, had massive speed and killer strength. They weren't Dhampir, they were just regulars. That's what the class thought.

Until they changed everyone's minds.

"So let's see what you guys can do?" Margaret says, backing away from them.

Christian and Dylan began to rise up off the floor and that made everyone's eyes widen in shock. They weren't ceiling high but they were high enough that everyone could see their feet.

"Very cool, can you guys go any higher?" Jake says from the corner.

They plant their feet back on the floor, "no" they both say in unison.

Christian heads back to his seat but Dylan stays put in the front with his cousin, Grace. I wonder what she could do.

"Ah that's where I come in handy guys" Margaret smiles, referring to helping them levitate higher off the ground.

"Okay, my turn!" Grace yells.

She takes off her shoes and sets them aside. 

"Any requests? I'm a shapeshifter" she tells us.

"How bout a cat for starters?" Dylan says.

She nods and everyone gawks at her as she grows smaller down to the floor. Then when everyone rushed out of their seat, they could see she was a black cat with green eyes.

"What about your clothes?" Alex questioned. Then James looked at him and they both laughed. Dylan gave them a harsh glare.

Then Grace transforms herself back into well, herself. She looked at Alex with an evil stare and punched him, he laughed and everyone headed back to their seats.

"Very impressive Grace" Margaret claps her hands.

"Thanks" she responds.

"Alright, whos next? Werewolves maybe" Margaret says.

"I don't prefer changing in the building" Xander explains.

"Do you guys know how to change? Have you done it before?" She asks, facing them.

James and Alex gave Magaret a "Yes" in unison, while Mia on the other hand swallows out the corner of my eye.

"I've never changed before, its supposed to happen on the next full moon" she tells her.

"Which is perfectly fine. You guys will change on the next full moon. Out in the forest, John will be your escort out into the woods but he'll keep his distance. You will need to hunt" Margaret understood them perfectly. Werewolves really did sound pretty awesome. To be able to change and hunt sounds so breathtaking.

Come to think of it, maybe I should look up some things about Hybrids in the past lives. What if they change? What kind of powers do they hold? I've got alot of research to do. I'll ask Margaret later if theres any computers or even books on this stuff.

"Zoe" I snap out of thought and everyone is staring at me, I was the one to swallow this time, "I understand you haven't developed your powers yet. You have similar natural human instincts like a were or vamp in your human form. I could only imagine how you will become more during your changing stage" she smiles and I return a forced smile

Then she claps her hands together and everyone turns back to her.

"Last but not least, our witches" I glance Madison's way and she sits up in her chair more.

She then gets up out of her seat and steps in front of the class.

"Ava, how about you go first"

Ava looks at Margaret then. Ava was wearing a black skirt with a long sleeve black shirt and some black boots. She had a nose piercing and alot of ear piercings. Her pale skin matched well with the dark clothing, her eyes were black too.

"Fine" she puts her hands together slowly. Then she closes her eyes for a minute, then opens them. She looked straight at Jake and for some weird reason, he gasped and stood up straight looking around.

"Holy shit" Jake says, smiling. I sit up straight in my seat then.

"What do you see?" John says, "it's like...were  in the forest. Theres trees and animals and I can hear things and see things, you guys can't" he finally says.

Ava puts her arms down and Jake blinks back to reality, "that was awesome"

"Thanks. I can also see everyone's aura in this room" Ava blushes and then heads back to her seat. Leaving Madison alone in front of the class. I wonder why she chose Jake to demonstrate on?

"Very good Ava, let's try doing that to everyone at once. Maybe work on it later on" Margaret insisted, Ava nodded her head in agreement.

"Now Madison"

She stood nervous, "it's nothing really Mag" she blurts. I think that's  the first time hearing her voice.

"Let's see what you've got then, its okay"

She swallows and closes her eyes. Then she uses one of her hands to motion the desk in front of her as it floats off the ground.

"Woah, cool" I heard Ava say.

Everyone looked at the desk floating until she placed it back on the ground.

"I am also a necromancer. I can see spirits and communicate with them" she puts her head down and head back to her seat.

"Wow, I have to say you guys are something special. Like I've said before, I hope we can get you guys some training for your powers and training to fight. This will not be something you guys can mess around with. It may come to you when you need it or it may just be there. Whatever it is, let's work together to understand it more and control it. Now, let's go get you guys something to eat" Margaret walks toward the door and everyone gets up to follow her out.

"Pretty cool huh?" Mia said to me.

"Very. Although it would be cooler if I got some powers too" I wondered.

"Don't worry girl, we'll both be alright. You'll get your powers and I'll transform in no time" she grabs my arm and hooks hers with mine.

"I hope your right" I finish. I really did hope she was right. If I don't get my powers, then there was no point in bringing me here in the first place.

I could hear my moms voice then, Be strong my love, you are more special then you know.