Questions

We all headed into the building after realizing standing outside talking wasn't the best idea. Everyone was worried, even John and Margaret and they didn't know what to do yet. Its only been nearly two months since being here and I was already putting all of my friends in danger.

"Are you guys sure your okay?" Margaret asked everyone as we settled into the cafeteria room.

"Yeah" some of them answered but others stayed quiet.

"Mines still a little ringy but its fine" Madison said aloud.

Marg nodded, "I'll be right back" Chelsea said.

"Where are you going Chels?" Margaret folded her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"To my room to change my shirt, we are practicing after this aren't we?" She got up out of her seat and walked backward toward the door.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. I'll give you another free day, I really need to figure this out" Marg told everyone but her eyes landed on me.

Chelsea shrugged and left through the doors.

"I need ice" Grace said aloud. She had her hands to her ears as she shot up out of her seat.

"Will go with her and you guys brings enough for anyone else who needs it" Marg shakes her head.

I sit in the seat closest to her and put my head down. I caused this mess, they are after me and its affecting everyone else.

"Jesus fucking-"

"Language John" Marg sent him a glare. His face was screwed up in pain so he took a seat opposite from me.

"Want me too?" I say in a low voice.

"No, it's fine Zoe. You've done enough already" he forced a small smile.

I didn't know if he was talking about the Dhampyrs coming here or fighting them off in the end.

I got up slowly out of my seat and walked around the table to stand behind him. I moved his hands from his ears and gently placed mines on his ears. I closed my eyes to concentrate on the feeling in my hand and John relaxed. My eyebrows came together in focus and my hands started to turn hot, they felt too hot. I opened my eyes and they turned red.

"Zoe, don't over due it. You might bust his eardrums" I look at Marg and nod.

I removed my hands from his ears and brung them to my face. They were red, and I've never seen them like this before.

"Thanks Zoe" John tells me and I smile.

"Got the ice!" Will speed walks in front of Grace as she slowly chugs behind.

"This was hard work" Grace rolls her eyes before placing the bowls on the table. Everyone grabs a cloth and some ice and places them on their ears, I laughed at them. My smile faded as I could still here the small ringing in my ears. I swallowed trying to remove the noise.

"Okay, so I don't know what the hell happened out there but you guys were like...stuck and I didn't know what to do" I tried to explain.

"Yeah, it was like a sudden ringing in our ears. Like a really high pitched screaming or something" Jake explained.

"I heard someone coming, I felt the them coming but as soon as I tried to react they turned that thing on" John told us.

I retrieved the device out of my pocket and placed it gently on the table. Everyone gathered closely, still holding the ice to their ears. Mia switched the cloth from one ear to the other.