See The Truth

This morning I woke up earlier than I've ever did since I've been here. The sun was just rising, I could feel it outside of my window even though it was closed. I sat up and looked over into Mia's bed and to my surprise, she was still sound sleep. I closed my eyes and listened, the only noise that echoed to me was her snoring from across the room.

Pushing the cover off of me, I slid out of bed and went to use the bathroom. I did my best to stay quiet while I got dressed before heading toward the door. The clock read, 7:21am, before I closed the door behind me. The hall were silent as I made my way past each door toward the steps. I had no idea where I was heading off too, but my feet knew so the rest of my body just followed.

Yesterday was crazy, I didn't expect any of what happened to happen. Or maybe I should, those High Rollers are out for me only and they will stop at nothing I'm sure just to get my blood. After our talk session, I had called Dad.

I felt this sort of guilt in me everytime I would think about him and not call him. He told me not to call as much but of course I would, he's my dad and he's the only family I have left. I always wondered about my aunts, uncles, grandparents, but I never asked Mom and Dad about them and since they had never brung it up, I thought it was best not too.

He picked up the phone after a couple rings and I was so happy to just here from him. God I worried about him so much and even though I would tell him that, he would tell me not too. I just couldn't help it.

"I miss you too Zoe sweetheart"

Just hearing his voice brought a smile to my face. I told him about what happened and I noticed his tone seem to change.

"Midnight blood Zoe? Are you sure? I've never heard of anything like that, it sounds dangerous"

"Dad it's my blood, it's not something I can just take. Plus I had a dream and in the dream Mom was there and she said it, I will never forget that"

He hadn't said anything for seconds until I heard a noise, "what's that?" I asked him.

"I just set the phone down, your on speaker. You know Zoe, I was thinking maybe I should come visit if they let me"

"Dad yess, please do!" I huge smile spreads across my face, "that would be great"

"Don't get your hopes up Zo, I have been pretty busy here lately"

I nod as if he can see me, "okay"

"Anything else you want to tell me sweetheart?" His voice sounded closer now.

"No, I just miss you that's all" I tell him.

"Okay, I love you Zoe and I'm proud of you" he tells me.

"I love you too" I take the phone away from my ear about to hang up but then he speaks again.

"Hey Zo?"

"Yeah Dad?"

"Your Mom would be proud of you too"

That was the last thing he had said before hanging up the phone and it hasn't stopped playing in my head since. I missed her too and I know she would be.

I continued along the hall toward Margaret's office. I looked up into the ceiling and I hadn't noticed the perfect design until now. The light from the chandeliers reflected off the design which gave it a gold color. My eyes scanned the entire hall ceiling, the same design all the way down in each corner and back. It looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on where I'd seen it.