Just Try

"Everyone please put your eyes to the front, I have a couple things to tell you" Margaret steps in front of the whole class. John stands by the door as if on guard while Jake finally takes a seat.

We all take our seats as usual in the room and put our eyes forward.

"Okay, so we are going to start splitting you guys up a little" Margaret says.

But everyone's not having it. Not even me. My heart drops and my eyes land on Mia. She just shrugs like she always does. Everyone starts talking in low voices but it doesn't seem to bother Marg, she just waits for the noise to subside.

"Yeah I know this may suck but I haven't even finished saying what I was going to say" she smiles, showing her perfect teeth.

"Some of you will come with me and the rest with John. I will be doing power improvements and John will be doing training" she finishes.

"Wait like fighting again?" Chelsea calls out. She looks annoyed, her nostrils flared and her arms folded.

"Yes Chels fighting, using your bare hands and sometimes," she pauses, looking around the room, "you will be all together...using your powers or weapons of your choice"

Everyone started talking again, only louder. They seem to like the part about using weapons of our choice but my heart still wasn't into it.

"What type of weapons?" Alex asked. Him and James started laughing at the question.

"When the time comes you'll see" John spoke aloud, "it's just for practice, you guys will most likely use your power as a first instinct"

I looked back over at James and Alex and they both rolled their eyes, Xander sat across from them laughing.

"Anyway, you guys will be split up for today and I'll let you know what's going on for the rest of the week later" Margaret said.

Her and John had took the littlest bit of time to decide on who would be in each group as they looked around the room. I didn't have a good feeling about the groups and I could tell Mia didn't either, she couldn't sit still in her seat. Her leg bouncing up and down.

"I hope we are in the same group because..." Mia looked at me and said.

"Yeah, but it wouldn't be too bad" I told her, half smiling.

"It wouldn't be too bad?" She folds her arms and her head dips low.

"this could be good for us you know? To focus on training and stuff" I put my hand on her arm.

"Alright, Will-" Margaret starts looking up at him

"I don't do groups" Will stands up and fixes his clothes, pointing a finger toward the front of the room, "I don't do weapons, I don't do wardrobe changes. No cat fights, no using me as a guinea pig under any circumstances"

I smiled and looked at Margaret, her eyes glued to the ceiling waiting for him to finish.

"No sneak attacks, no yoga poses or any type of rhythmic movements that have to do with fighting...and no spells" he sends a glance Ava's way before sitting down. She teases him by smiling and waving.

"I'll be happy to make note of that Will, thank you" Margaret switched her weight to the other leg.

"Okay so Will, Chelsea, Xander, Zoe, Ava, Alex and Grace. You'll be with me first, the rest of you will start with John"

Everyone gets up out of their seats including Mia and I. I turn toward her but she rushes up to Margaret.

"Before you guys go out, I need everyone to meet back here after both groups are done" she looks around the class again, "I mean it, no sneaking off"